Tonner Doll Co. Making KERMIT!

muppetguy

Reaction score
Hey Everyone. I knew eventually that the Tonner Co. Would make a Kermit, but never sure when. Well, at the Tonner Doll company convention this past weekend their Centerpieces on Sunday where Miss Piggy with new dress and wig and the Kermit in a tux unveiling happened. They are also making a Piggy doll which will be 10 inches tall. The following information is what is on the tonner blog spot. Pictures below that. Enjoy!

"Each table was graced by the presence of Miss Piggy, herself (Swined & Dined - LE100)...along with none other than Kermit the Frog (A Fly in His Soup - LE100) formally dressed in his finery. Kermit will be offered later in the line, but this formally dressed version was only done for this event. The event souvenir, the new 10" Miss Piggy (shown bottom), will be offered as variations in the Tonner line.":smile:

Kermit & Piggy Centerpiece:

Piggy:

Kermit:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oooh! I'm glad they made him. I do wish they'd nail the eye focus on both of them. Such an easy fix that means so much in providing their special spark. Otherwise it's nice work. I like that Kermit's mouth is semi-closed. That subtlety sets him apart from other Kermit sculptures...and there are plenty. :smile:

I really would love to see their take on a Gonzo. :concern: Think of the outfits!

muppetguy

Reaction score
I know, Frogboy, I would love a Gonzo and Fozzie to go along witht hem. We'll just have to sit tight and wait to see. As it's stated, Kermit WILL be available for the public to purchase, so who knowsm other characters could eventually follow. I'm just picturing a 17-18 in Fozzie with fur all over. :embarrassed:

We can dream..right?

Kermieuk

Reaction score
LOVE IT!

These look great and I will be adding them to my collection, they remind me of the ''First Time It Happens'' from GMC, Kermits outfit looks like a great copy of his actual suit he wore during A Celebration of 30 years and the 90's Jim Henson video promos.

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/File:JHVPosterUK.jpg

I like it that Kermit is actually in scale to Miss Piggy as this rarely happens.

I agree that other characters would be amazing, Gonzo, with so many outfits, Fozzie with fur, Rowlf, Scooter with jeans and his famous Muppet Show jacket that everyone wants in some sort of replica form!

More research shows that these are not going on sale in these outfits, they were only available at the convention and Kermit will not be released in his tux again, they are on ebay at the moment, probably the only place to find them, so I guess I wont be getting them after all at this price!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tonner-Muppets-...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cad7815fb

Chris

muppetguy

Reaction score
Found that Kermit and Piggy were on sale on tonnerdirect.com. Kwermit no longer is there so I assume he is sold out. Piggy is still avaialbale. Only 100 of each were made. Go grab Piggy if you want her. I just grabbed both earlier today.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Where did you get your Kermit from Muppetguy?

Chris

muppetguy

Reaction score
Where did you get your Kermit from Muppetguy?

Chris
I bought him on tonnerdirect.com this morning. But his picture is now gone. He must have sold out already. All I can tell you is check ebay. No Kermits are up yet, but possibly soon. I'll try to post pics when they get to me.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Found that Kermit and Piggy were on sale on tonnerdirect.com. Kwermit no longer is there so I assume he is sold out. Piggy is still avaialbale. Only 100 of each were made. Go grab Piggy if you want her. I just grabbed both earlier today.
How much was the tux Kermit? So is the main line Kermit going to be just his usual collar only "clothing"?

muppetguy

Reaction score
How much was the tux Kermit? So is the main line Kermit going to be just his usual collar only "clothing"?
Hey Muppetperson, he was 85.00 on tonnerdirect.com. As far as what other Kermit's are going to be produced, I have no idea. I'm sure there will be thought put into it, maybe tonner will make a reporter kermit as well, and also do some versions that would mix well with the Piggy's that have already been released. I really hope they make a fozzie. That would be exciting! :embarrassed:

muppetperson

Reaction score
Hey Muppetperson, he was 85.00 on tonnerdirect.com. As far as what other Kermit's are going to be produced, I have no idea. I'm sure there will be thought put into it, maybe tonner will make a reporter kermit as well, and also do some versions that would mix well with the Piggy's that have already been released. I really hope they make a fozzie. That would be exciting! :embarrassed:
Thanks.Yeah, a Fozzie and Gonzo would be fantastic.Fozzie's fur would probably be a problem on a plastic/vinyl body.If they flocked it, it wouldnt look right and if they sewed it in, it would still look weird, so I guess they would just have to sculpt it unless they went for plush instead of doll.