Toon channels messed up

Xerus

Reaction score
Sometimes during the closing credits, they have skits of puppet versions of Chowder and his friends. The only problem is they don't show these puppet skits much for they keep showing CN commercials during the credits.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
I like the Puppets on Chowder, if only CN did show them more often

Redsonga

Reaction score
I agree with Drtooth, Chowder is awsome. It just has something about it. Same with Flapjack, its so weird and twisted, its funny. I for one hope that both shows stay around for a long time. You know, I wonder where Out Of Jimmy's Head went too. hummmm....
I like Chowder, but I hate Flapjack with a passion..But then, I never liked Ren and Stimpy ether :stick_out_tongue:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I dont like Chowder, Flapjack, Invader ZIM or Billy and Mandy :smirk:

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
Can't stand Flapjack or Chowder. I like The Secret Saturdays, Ben 10 Alien Force, and of course The Clone Wars.

I miss Powerpuff Girls (at least it will be on DVD in January), Megas XLR, Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi, Juniper Lee, Samurai Jack those were good shows.

As far as Adult Swim I pretty much only watch Bleach, Robot Chicken, Venture Bros, and Family Guy,

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Robot Chicken is just not all that funny to me, It's seems like it's trying to hard to be funny sometimes and just falls short.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Robot Chicken is just not all that funny to me, It's seems like it's trying to hard to be funny sometimes and just falls short.
I would say something about why I don't like it, but I don't want to get my posts deleted again...

Anyway, it seems like cartoons, at least most of them on weekends, look very cheaply made...Like someone drew them very fast and used the same animator as the Bible study cartoons they have on tv at three am (not that there is anything wrong with Bible study cartoons, it's just most of the time many of them looked rushed and the voices don't match the picture :frown: )

Drtooth

Reaction score
I miss Powerpuff Girls (at least it will be on DVD in January), Megas XLR, Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi, Juniper Lee, Samurai Jack those were good shows.
All I can say about Puffy Ami Yumi's show... it's a good thing no one remembers a TV show called The Beagles, since they pretty much lifted the entire plot from them... you know the 2 musicians and their crazy promoter... Plus, the Live action segments were a million times more interresting.

I just miss Cow and Chicken and Dexter and like that... I miss cartoons that were SUPPOSED to be stupid... not ones that actually are. I think Chowder really has that mixture of Stupidity and wackiness... and the mishmash of 2-D animation and Stop motion is the more brilliant thing I've seen in years.

As for broadcast, the only really good things on are Spider-Man, Turtles (and believe me, just barely... lately the episodes were too juvenile for the tone they set), and Biker Mice. Everything else is FCC lip service (like what Red's talking about... Qubo's line up that consists of religious vegetable shows, religious penguin shows, and various other things clearly created by the same company. Not that they're necessarily bad, but they just have shows edited from DVD's to fit TV time)

Redsonga

Reaction score
I don't mind learning the Bible stories again from cartoons (as I never really learned them in very much detail) I just wish they could at least make the animation better if you are going to do them justice :\. I mean, they have pretty good plots as stories go (as most very old stories from around the world are), the animation should be at least watchable :frown:.

But I think what annoys me more is the Bob The Builder and Handy Manny type shows :stick_out_tongue:.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Have you ever seen the real old Veggitales cartoons? eek! Look almost as bad as the Brazilian Ratatouille rip offs. But then again, that was a small company. I was never way too keen on some animated versions of religious stories. Sure, I loved what Animaniacs did with The Garden of Eden and especially Noah's Ark ("Anything but the spideys... I hate the spideys... the spideys give me the creeps). Only ones I'm really curious about are Osamu Tezuka's animated versions of biblical stories... and those seem pretty rare (much rarer than Superbook... I have a huge problem with that one, and how it came about... and I'm upset at Tatsunoko for it... I don't wanna get into it).

That said, I really have a complaint against TV EI on a whole. Just slap a bunch of lighthearted morals into a kid's show that would be better off without them, and you fulfill the requirements. I have a huge problem with Sushi Pack. It is a good show otherwise, but Dic and the network forced them to do too much to it. Cutting the episodes down to half their length to fit 2 in, and over-emphisize morals. I mean, shows like Doug, Arthur, and Fat Albert were those sort of shows, but they had higher entertainment value. Fat Albert did narrowly escape preachiness, and they only really got into the good lessons when they hit syndication... but it was still a great show.