Toonarfic Cartoons - Shop

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
MuppetDanny said:
Hi Guys

Check out this.

Let me know you think :confused:
Thanks for showing this Danny. The only problem is, the person who runs Toonarific has a bit of a bad rep when it comes to speediness. I guess we'll see how things work out.

-Matt

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Cantus Rock said:
Thanks for showing this Danny. The only problem is, the person who runs Toonarific has a bit of a bad rep when it comes to speediness. I guess we'll see how things work out.

-Matt
Yeah, I heard he's not that good. Have you traded with him before ? and what do you think of the prices? I think there a bit pricey (spelling?) :eek: for me.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Questions, answered in the order that they were asked:

1) Yes, I have dealt with him before, and it did take a pretty long time for me to recieve my videos. I think more than the time problem was his attitude. He came off very self-important, and stated that he would not, under any circumstances, answer emails regarding the deal. Unfortunately, he seems to have one of the most extensive collections on the internet, and thus, I'm probably going to have to endure his dealings some more.

2) His prices are pretty high, but like I said, he seems to be the only person who has some of the stuff he's offering. Getting what you want on tape more often then not means dealing with people who are less than favorable, as I have seen many times before. It also means paying astronomical amounts for things you didn't have the foresight to tape yourself, as this case shows.

3) Sure its illegal. Usually, organizations who monitor such dealings (ie. the MPAA) overlook such proceedings, as they are on a very small-scale. Recently, however, there have been stories of even small-timers getting popped for sales, and since he does have a much larger list than most, he is definitely a risk. I guess it boils down to what kind of chances you're willing to take in order to obtain your material.

I wont be rushing into any purchases from Toonarific, but depending on what happens when I myself get my websites back up, there may be some dealings of sorts. Time shall tell, as well as the willingness of participation of the International Muppet Trade Group.

-Matt

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Cantus Rock said:
Thanks for showing this Danny. The only problem is, the person who runs Toonarific has a bit of a bad rep when it comes to speediness.
You're tellin' me! I had to wait like 4-5 months before he finally came through with the deal. And one tape was missing, but so what, I'm getting those 2 JHH episodes from good ol' reliable MahnaMahna anyway. :-D

I only trade with Aaron; I don't buy from him. In fact, I gave him 75% of the SSU he now has. I think the reasons he took so long with my tapes was because:

1) I asked him for some tapes with multiple items on them, which were rather time-consuming for him to assemble
2) he had two hiatuses: one vacation and one move to a new location (which he notified us via email).

When I got the tapes, I went easier on him and only asked for the whole George of the Jungle Series (4 tapes), which was much easier for him to copy, 'cause it didn't involve copying anything from more than 2 sources. I'm confident about this deal, and I've yet to find out if he's shipped them or not. Details soon in this thread (since I was dumb enough to bring it up with a long rant :sleep: ).

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
BTW, MuppetDanny, how did things go with you and Aaron? I notice you took him off your bad traders list not too long ago. I assume you got what you asked for?

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Cantus Rock said:

-Matt

Dang right. I ordered a tape of some Dumbo's Circus episodes from him earlier in the year (around March or so, I think) to be sent to my college address. The tape didn't come until halfway through Finals week. I'm definately going to think twice before getting a tape I need from Aaron again.

-Kim

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Boober_Gorg said:
BTW, MuppetDanny, how did things go with you and Aaron? I notice you took him off your bad traders list not too long ago. I assume you got what you asked for?
Well actually I didn't :mad:. What happend was after 3 months of no replies, I got an e-mail from him. He was moving house and has been away in India, Anyway he also let me know that he has sent the tapes to me and also notifying me he hasn't got the tapes which I sent to him. I took him off my bad traders list because he said he had sent my tapes. However to date I have still received nothing from him, furthermore I don't know how he can have sent my tapes to me as I have not given him my address! The only way he could have my address is by the "return to" label on the parcel of tapes I sent to him which he claims he hasn't received - so he is going back on the bad traders list in my next update. I shan't be trading with him again :grouchy: .

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Another thing about Aaron: he ships media mail. But I'm thankful that he uses a tracking number.

I just received a response on my current order:
I will either let you know when they are sent, or you will know when they arrive at your doorstep. Right now Im focusing on orders, so I will get to them as soon as I can

It seems like he knows what he's doing.