Top 5 unfinished JHC and Muppet projects that you wish would be made

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Mine are-

Uncle Deadly's House of Badness- I've always liked Uncle Deadly, and the idea of a show hosted by him sounds awesome!

One of Darin McGowan's show ideas- All of these looked great and the animation was vivid and unique.

Defend Your Planet!- This sounds like it would have been really fun!

The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made- This sounds like it would have been hilarious!

The Muppets Haunted House(Muppet Haunted Hotel)- This too looks like it would be fun!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here is what I wish was made:

Tales of the Tinkerdee (as a television series)
At the Movies (a sereis about the Muppet Babies going to a movie theater run by Statler and Waldorf)
The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made
Muppet Haunted Hotel
Kermit's 50th Anniversary Roast

Grover

Reaction score
The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made
Waiting For Kermit
Kermit, Prince of Denmark
Muppet Haunted Hotel

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
crazed gonzo fa said:
Mine are-

Uncle Deadly's House of Badness- I've always liked Uncle Deadly, and the idea of a show hosted by him sounds awesome!
justa few comments for you,

This show despite the name would not have been hosted by the Uncle Deadly you know and love, it was a new puppet, i worked on a mock up puppet based on one of Paul Andrejcos designs, , that had a new eye mech in it ,the final puppet was built by another person in the shop, and it was a design that Kirk Thatcher did i believe, , very disimilar to the Uncle deadly from the muppet show.

crazed gonzo fa said:
Defend Your Planet!- This sounds like it would have been really fun!
it need a lot of work , the test show i saw was a bit uneven , but i supose the concept could have worked given a little more development time.

crazed gonzo fa said:
The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made- This sounds like it would have been hilarious!
i got to read the treatment for it , was really really clever to bad that aint going to happen

ILuVERNIE

Reaction score
Lots of quotes in one post... but anyway, the cheapest muppet movie ever made would have been so funny!

doc hopper

Reaction score
crazed gonzo fa said:
One of Darin McGowan's show ideas- All of these looked great and the animation was vivid and unique.
HEY CRAZED GONZO - darin mcgowan here. really glad you liked my shows and muppet designs. it's strange how those ended up on the wikipedia. i didn' t mean for those to get out.

it's too bad that they didn't fly. you should read the full treatments for the three shows (waiting for kermit, american mayhem & muppets '75) - they say a whole lot more than the paragraph you get on the wikipedia!

d:smile:

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Wow! Nice to meet you! Hey, have you showed these ideas to disney? And where can I find out more about these shows?

doc hopper

Reaction score
crazed gonzo fa said:
Wow! Nice to meet you! Hey, have you showed these ideas to disney? And where can I find out more about these shows?
i did show them to disney, the pres of the muppets holding company and a couple of other execs. and although they loved my ideas and the presentation went INCREDIBLE, i never heard from them again.

but it's funny (and i'm SURE it's just creative industry coincidence) but bits from WAITING FOR KERMIT started showing up here and there as special features on the muppet movie DVDs and sketches on the statler and waldorf movie review thing. :eek: i'm so glad we were on the same page.

oh and i'm not sure how you can find out about the details of my shows (there's actually two others besides the three you know) without me spilling the beans all over the internet! i may hold on to these and see what happens in the future.

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking, what were the other two shows called and what were they about?

doc hopper

Reaction score
crazed gonzo fa said:
If you don't mind me asking, what were the other two shows called and what were they about?
well, the two others aren't so hot and might have been a little too crazy. "MUPPET HACKSAW" would have been a behind the scenes documentary style show based on actual old muppet shows. here's a little from the treatment:

"It may have looked like the backstage goings on from THE MUPPET SHOW were real “behind the scenes” type stuff of a Muppet-style stage show but (and I hate to burst your bubble) they were all scripted. I know I know. The Muppets are great actors - they made it look so real!

What MUPPET HACKSAW does is show the “behind the scenes-behind the scenes” of the making of THE MUPPET SHOW. Kind of a REALITY SERIES of sorts documenting the “real life” insanity that went on during the Muppets’ hayday.

Will Piggy make it to the table read on time for once? Is Camilla the Chicken really the Yoko Ono of the Muppets? Does Ted Koppel really want Kermit to co-host NIGHTLINE? Can Fozzie Bear remember his lines this week? Will Kermit be able to get Linda Ronstadt to guest star or will he have to get Avery Schreiber again?

Each half hour episode will take place the week before a specific, actual MUPPET SHOW episode was taped. So there will be clever and specific problems that Kermit and company will have to deal with.

And of course, each episode will consist of several storylines that intertwine and shoot in and out of eachother - sometimes crashing with violent, bloody results."

so again, this one was waaaaay too out there and i don't know if anyone but us die hards would get the jokes and references and stuff. and actually, i think i may have kept this one under my hat.