Top cat film to released but only in uk

rowlfy662

Reaction score
i'm suprised no one has mentioned it says that a top cta is coming out here in the uk in june but according to wikipedia it was first released i mexico i'm very confused about this has anyone else heard about it heres the trailer i'm not sure about it though maybr it was only released in mexico for a reason

Drtooth

Reaction score
I actually mentioned it in a couple threads already.

I'm honestly amazed that an American character is so famous in Latin America they decide to give him his own movie there. I mean, we screw up a LOT of our own cartoons, and then laid waste to some Japanese shows (Though I don't think Speed Racer is half as bad as they say), and a certain Belgian comic that we only know from a cartoon in the 80's. But never have I seen another country make a legal and legitimate version of our characters.

I wouldn't see this theatrically released here, but it DOES belong on either home video or aired on Cartoon Network or Boomerang. But aparently, we'd only care about a Top Cat movie if it was CGI and had a poorly cast Officer Dibble.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Don Gato is huge in Mexico, mainly due to all the different over-the-top regional accents every character was given.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Don Gato is huge in Mexico, mainly due to all the different over-the-top regional accents every character was given.
I swear they even have a music album out there...

There it is.

It's so amazing that a character can get that popular outside the US and get its own movie. Sure, the Disney Duck family is popular in Europe and has all those comics with their re-imagining of the characters... but the only times I've ever heard of another country doing a movie or TV series based on original characters from the US was the weird TMNT anime and the anime series Stitch (as Lilo and Stich is popular in Japan for some reason).