Toy Fair report

matleo

Reaction score
hey gang,
got back from Toy Fair last night. Spent 4 days demonstrating puppets for Folkmanis and also walking around checking out the new stuff. Saw the SS S1 figs and the last of the Muppet from Palisades and chatted with ken and travis about both. All looks up to normal Palisades standard. A few things that have to be tweaked here and there. Uncle Deadly still needs to have final paint stuff done plus he's getting a new upper arm (a non-ripped sleeve arm) . the Frog Scouts looks so adorable. probably one of my favorite pack-in so far. they also had the Rainbow Connection Kermit they announced a few weeks ago (with Robin and the veggies), MTI Gonzo/Rizzo and the penguin. Apparently he's been picked up as an exclusive but I don't think I'm at liberty to say who.

for Sesame they had Super grover (the phone booth and the box he comes in are both HUGE!!!!) but the figure looks great! They had concept images for S2 (Count, Bert, yip-yips, and Roosevelt Franklin) and also they're planning on doing Bird as a boxed figure in between 1 and 2 kind of a Series 1.5. And of couse they had the figures for S1 and the set pieces for series 1 &2. The set pieces look awesome. Don't know how they're going ot break down but they really make the figures pop. Especially Oscar. Ernie and Guy need the most work in my opinion but Oscar and 2-head are off to a very good start.

Stopped by the Sababa booth too but it was a little more closed off than last year so anything I saw was from afar. Anyway, they are doing Mokey and Travelling matt plush as well as fraggle UNO and then they're also doing smaller plush 2-packs that each come with dvd episode. The dolls in the smaller pack are about half the size of the other plush. The first one is a Gobo/Wembley 2pack with 'The Beast of Blue Rock" and the second one is Red/Boober with the one where the two characers get buried alive. can't remember the name of the episode right now. they had muppets represented at the booth but I didn't see any new stuff.

So that's about it. Some great stuff to look forward to in 2005 hope this helps and I'll see you guys later.

--matt

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Some exciting stuff!
matleo said:
...the second one is Red/Boober with the one where the two characers get buried alive. can't remember the name of the episode right now...
FYI - The episode title with Red and Boober is "Marooned".

Baby Rowlf

Reaction score
Hey, was there any word about any new Muppet Babies merchandise?

:smile: