1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Toy Vault developing Henson Fantasy Plush

Discussion in 'Fantasy Worlds' started by Laszlo, Nov 28, 2006.

1. cabbageheat

cabbageheat New Member

Yes, exactly. If your going to do a plush doll, its got to look right, and most likely be expensive. If they don't take the time, and are just releasing something that looks or slightly resembles the characters, it turns out like the products above.

I guess its a matter of taste. I could care less about plush dolls. Never liked the look of them. The world of the Dark Crystal I believe translates well to posters/paintings/maquette types of collectibles. It is long overdue unfortunately, however, perhaps with the next film (if indeed it is still going forward, I've heard nothing for months) we will see more high end collectibles.
  2. Tim

Tim Member

Was there ever a GOOD version out? I remember reading when the film was first released about limited edition dolls, and even adult closthing inspired by the film's designs. I remeber looking for this stuff, but never saw it. On in the U.K.?
  3. MarieIsabella

MarieIsabella Member

I don't know.. I don't think the plush is that bad. The figure that came with Kira from Sideshow Toys not that one was aweful, but this one I could live with. I saw another picture of him with his mouth open, and he looks MUCH better. :)

You can check out the picture at: www.bigbadtoystore.com
  4. crazed gonzo fa

crazed gonzo fa Active Member

Hmmm, he does look better actually.
  5. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

Ok, it's slightly better but still bad.

BTW look how sweet this little cat is:
    http://www.lynxfeather.net/villagewitches/tatterbabies/fizzgig.html

oh and here is the real Fizzgig:
    http://www.thealmightyguru.com/Reviews/DarkCrystal/Images/Fizzgig.jpg

:)
  6. crazed gonzo fa

Awwww... That is a cute cat.
  7. Button

Button New Member

Has anyone seen the dolls of Kira and Jen? About 12" tall?

Oooooh and hello, I'm a newbie :)
  8. crazed gonzo fa

Yeah, I've seen them though they're not very good in my opinion.
  9. anytimepally

anytimepally Active Member

I haven't seen the dolls myself, but welcome to the boards! :D
  10. crazed gonzo fa

Welcome to the forums Button!
  11. Yikes, I see what you guys mean about the Fizzgig plush! It doesn't look anything like him! Looks more like one of Marvin Suggs' Muppaphones.
  12. LadyVader

LadyVader New Member

Toy valt's not thatgreat with dolls with a lot of hair.
  13. scottishpiggy

scottishpiggy Member

I dunno, im kinda tempted coz i have this OCD- must buy henson products- thing-....
    I dont get how its so hard to make a plush tho, i mean, in labyrinthm its all based on toys in her room, so if they couldnt reproduce the puppets, why not the toys? that way you could be in sarahs room....ok, im slightly strange and obsessive lol :halo:
    I personally want them to make the wild gang....:)
  14. HensCollector24

HensCollector24 New Member

I went to a convention this weekend and Toy Vault was telling people about their upcoming stuff. They are doing a Jen & Kira with a sculpted head and a plush body that sounded really neat. Has anyone came across a picture of these online - Im dieing to see them. Also doing alot of other characters from Farscape and Labyrinth like Scorpius.
  15. LadyVader

LadyVader New Member

any one heard any more on this?
  16. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

I've got that same disorder, lol. And I've always thought the same thing about the toys in her room too! They look awesome and vintage-y. I'll probably just make my own, but it'd be great if some toy company would produce some for the masses.
  17. Galacticatt

Galacticatt New Member

Was that pre-toy fair in Tx? I would love to see a doll made that way- I looked at the Gelfling dolls made in (2000? 2002?) And was very unhappy about how well they came out- I actually don't have much hope for a well made Gelfling doll unless it is artist made... hmmmm
  18. HensCollector24

HensCollector24 New Member

It was at a retailers conference in Fort Wayne. They made them sound really good and said that the sculptor making the heads was pretty famous. I forget his name now though. Still no luck in tracking down images though!
  19. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

I talked to ToyVault and was told about the slew of Henson Fantasy products in the works for 2008. You can read about them here.
  20. z0e2cool

z0e2cool New Member

fantasy plush

i would love to have a plush of jareth and ludo:(