1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Trading Sesame Street Episodes

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by MuppetDude, Mar 14, 2003.

1. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

P.S.: I may soon get #1364 and #1396.
    I've also got part of a 1990 episode ("Elmo in Numberland", but the first part is missing; it's 44 1/2 minutes long and is missing the "copywrights" at the end), and:

#2881 (Missing the first 10-15 minutes; the tracking is poor, but I can get the "tracking ribbon" on the screen to either stay on the top or bottom. About two seconds of the "Ernie Writes a Story", where Bert ends up with a wastepaper basket on his head, is accidentaly taped over. This episode is 49 minutes long)

#2882 (tracking problem, but is a full copy)

#2883 (Missing last 10-20 minutes; same tracking problem as previous two. It's 38 minutes long.)

1991/1992 episode. It's where Floyd Flooter-Tooter needs a home. It's poor quality at times due to a bad PBS signal. It's 44 1/2 minutes long. The first part is missing and half of the credits are gone.

1992 episode. It's where Chicago tries to get Gina's vegetables at Hooper's store. Monty also hosts the "Not a Dog" show. It's the same quality as the previous 1991/1992 episode, but the theme song and opening street scene are the only things that are missing.
  2. Sunrise

Sunrise Member

Thanks for the attention, Muppetdude. I'd love to email you the requested list, but the forum has your email blocked. With the deluge of requests you must get, that is understandable. If you will email me directly, I'll reply in kind, and I promise not to give out your address! ;)
  3. prickle747

prickle747 Member

I'm still intrested as well MuppetDude (in trading) :)
  4. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

The night I last posted on this thread, I reviewed everyone who wanted to trade. I'm collecting episodes in order of episode number. The list is based on that, what episodes people have and what they don't have. I will e-mail some of you right now based on the list, and if you're not first or second, don't worry--I still plan to trade with you.

Right now, I can trade with:

BWSmith
    Prickle747
    Baughde Howes
    Philo and Gunge

Once I receive tapes from them, I can trade with all who ask, so please be patient.
  5. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

Philo and Gunge, I can't e-mail you. For some reason, it's blocked. Can you e-mail me?
  6. E-mail me at lpapovitch@optonline.net
  7. Could you tape some attractions for me?
  8. Sunrise

Sunrise Member

taping attractions

I emailed you a response, but I'll put it here too, just for the record.
    The answer is: it depends. Disney allows taping in some attractions but not others, while in some it wouldn't make sense (ie - the 3D Muppet show, which would just look weird and blurry without the 3D glasses). Contact me with specific attractions you'd like to see, and I will let you know what is possible.
  9. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

Sunrise, do you still have Noggin? I'd gladly trade for some episodes of Play With Me Sesame. Is the show any good?
  10. Sunrise

Sunrise Member

I've never had Noggin. If I'd had it, I'd be saving myself this headache! :p Sorry if I made that unclear. Did you get the email I tried to send you? Listing the stuff I had available through the Muppet gift shop, and so forth?
  11. Boober_Gorg

Boober_Gorg Active Member

12. Baughdie Howes

Baughdie Howes New Member

MuppetDude, please e-mail me with your contact information, so I know where to send your tapes of Electric Company episodes. I have B&W "kinescopes" of eps 362, 366, 367,368,371,373,374,375 and 348. I also have colour episodes 79B, 19A,84A, and a lot of others for which I don't have numbers, as well as a lot of segments that were lumped together into the "Ginn Reading Program" of Phonics videos & teaching guides for primary school teachers. I have sets 2, 3 and 4, each of which has 2 videos, so I have a lot of goodies to compile for you!

When I have a chance, I'll put together my wish list of which SS episodes I'd like to trade them for.

Thanks!

Baughdie Howes
  13. Baughdie Howes

Baughdie Howes New Member

They were.
  14. Dantecat

Dantecat Active Member

MuppetDude,From Post #61,What Muppet Skits do you get on these episodes?
  15. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

These aren't full lists, but just a few notable clips:

1990 episode: Bert's Pigeon Jokes / Cereal Girl / Number Circus: 8 Penguins / The Old Woman who Lived in a 9 / Lifestyles of the Big and Little / News Flash: Pinocchio (part of it is accidentally taped over--a little bit of it when Pinoke begins to lie again)

2881: Octopus Blues / Pizzaria Dos / Y-Yak Limerick / "The Sign Says Don't Walk" song, sung by an AM groom to his wife-to-be across at the chapel / "The In/Out Crowd" / Forgetful Jones's Bath / "The Sneeze Song" , leads sung by a Muppet cow.

2882: Animal Department Store / On Vacation with Guy Smiley / Somebody Come and Play (snow leopards) / Front and Back Opera (AMs) / O'Brien's Fast Food (Fat Blue and Grover)

2883: Readers of the Open Range / Here and There: Airport and Library (Telly reporting) / Cowboy X / Eight Balls of Fur

Flooter-Tooter Episode: Pinball Number Count #9 / N-TV: "The Letter 'N'"/ Lambaba / Sing Your Synonyms (Luis and Maria in a museum) / Nine-Martian Beauty

1992 Episode: "Water Baby" (Raposo tune) / 14 Carrot Love / News Flash: The Princess and the Cookie
  16. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

Yes, I got your e-mail. Did you get mine?
  17. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

Baughdie Howes, I'm not really sure about the TEC episodes. I've only heard about them on the Internet. I've heard they're pretty good, but for right now, the only TEC episodes I'm interested in are ones with Muppet cameos, as well as the first episode from 1971.

BTW, what are the episode numbers of your SS tapes? I already know of #1933, #2059, and #2073.
  18. Dantecat

Dantecat Active Member

What's The In/Out Crowd about?If it's a Muppet Skit,What year was it and how is it?
  19. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

It isn't a muppet skit, it's a cartoon with a song that accompanies it.
  20. Dantecat

Dantecat Active Member

Is it a disco song? Because rjschex says that he has a disco number explaining in and out!
    What year was it anyway?