Traveling Matt Segment Ideas

GSmiley2007

Reaction score
What do you think should be a Traveling Matt segment in the Fraggle Rock movie or any upcoming revival, if one is made? As an example for me, I could see Matt doing a segment involving Sid the Science Kid and his friends, and here's some dialogue I made up:

(Gobo wanders around the Rock, and he discovers a letter from Matt. He gets Wembley, Boober, Red, and Mokey over so he can read them his letter.)

GOBO: Look everyone! I got another postcard from my Uncle Traveling Matt!

WEMBLEY: Great, Gobo! What does it say?

BOOBER: Oh, please, let it not be about death or disease or anything scary! (Whimpers)

GOBO: It says, "Dear nephew Gobo..." (we cut to a 3D version of Traveling Matt in Sid the Science Kid's world)

TRAVELING MATT: I have somehow wandered into a very weird place in Outer Space. I've spotted four very young Silly Creatures all doing a very weird dance in front of a very giant cave that I learned is called a school.

(We cut to a shot of Sid, Gabriela, Gerald, and May "singing" [which is more like speaking] the "I'm Looking for my Friends" song)

TRAVELING MATT: Suddenly, this very tall Silly Creature [Teacher Susie] has popped out of the cave's entrance, asking all the little Silly Creatures back in, so I'm going to investigate what they are up to.

(We cut to Susie and her students already seated in the classroom, sans Gerald, doing his usual sillyness to get to the circle. They are learning about different colors today.)

SUSIE: All right class, what did you want to share today? Sid?

SID: Well, I want to know why when two colors are mixed together, they make a new color.

SUSIE: Great question, Sid!

MAY: Yeah, I think it's a wonderful question, too! (giggles)

TRAVELING MATT: (interrupts) Uh, excuse me, Silly Creatures! Do you know how to get to Fraggle Rock?

GABRIELA: (offended) What did you call us, sir?

TRAVELING MATT: I was just asking where Fraggle Rock is!

GERALD: Fraggle Rock... uh... is that some type of music? (giggles)

MAY: Gerald, I don't think they mean "rock" like music.

GERALD: (sighs) Oh.

TRAVELING MATT: (to himself) It appears that these Silly Creatures--

GABRIELA: (shouts from off-screen) I HEARD THAT!

TRAVELING MATT: --have not heard about our wonderful home that we call Fraggle Rock. Perhaps I can show these... uh... little ones what Fraggle Rock is all about, if I can find it. (Eventually, he finds a map that leads to the Rock, and says to the kids) Would you like to come with me to Fraggle Rock?

GABRIELA: OK!

MAY: That sounds wonderful!

GERALD: (giggles) I hope they have a rock band! (giggles)

SID: Uh... I thought school didn't get out until much later. Can we learn about colors, now, Susie?

SUSIE: That's just what we're about to do now, Sid-- learn about colors in the Super Fab Lab! Everyone, get out your journals!

TRAVELING MATT: (to himself) Looks like I'll have to wait.

(timecard appears on screen-- "2 Hours Later")

TRAVELING MATT: I am about to come home soon, with these four young Silly Creatures-- (we cut to a shot of the kids with shocked looks) --and I can show them what Fraggle Rock is like. Hope to see you soon, nephew! (we fade back to Fraggle Rock)

MOKEY: That was such a lovely letter, Gobo!

WEMBLEY: Yeah, I never thought your uncle could visit a place called school and meet some real children! I'm sure Red would be surprised, too! Hey, where's Red?

(we cut to a shot of Red swinging on a rope and falling into the Gorgs' pond outside of the Rock, with a "Woo-hoo-hoo!")

dwmckim

Reaction score
A Sid and FR crossover - what fun (i always speculated that Gabriella's pigtails were an internal homage to Red)