Traveling Muppet Museum

Jrogers75

Reaction score
I remember seeing a great Muppet exhibit when I was a young child in Denver, Colorado. They had tons and tons of props, coustumes, and the muppets themself on display.

I remember being shocked that the muppets were not living breathing creatures :concern:

They did have lots of great info on how several of the shots from the TMS, and TMM. Thought it was cool that Jim was in a special sub like thing when they shot the scene where Kermit was singing Over The Rainbow in the rowboat that was in the swamp.

I called Henson Productions in the mid 90's and asked if they still were touring that exhibit and to my suprise almost 20 years later they were still touring that exhibit.

If you want the exhibit to come to your town... talk with the your local musuem cordinator and tell them you want to see it !

Was hoping other Muppet fans could share their experience of this exhibit.

:smile: Jason :smile:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Was the exhibit the "Art of the Muppets" from the early eighties or something else?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'm trying to get a Henson show here in Memphis. We've had Schulz, Seuss, and Warner Bros, so I figured "Why not?"

The local museums will not respond to my calls, though.

Jrogers75

Reaction score
Yes I believe it was called the Art Of Muppets, I think I was 5 or 6 when I went to see it. Did you see it as well?

Jrogers75

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I'm trying to get a Henson show here in Memphis. We've had Schulz, Seuss, and Warner Bros, so I figured "Why not?"

The local museums will not respond to my calls, though.

Your so lucky to have all those great exhibits go through in Memphis, you need to go and see the Muppets !! If that show comes through Seattle or anywhere in the North West I'm there :eek:

Miss_Beaker

Reaction score
I'm just annoyed that we don't seem to have that kind of stuff going on here in Blighty! Or has there been something that I've missed?

Jrogers75

Reaction score
Jrogers75 said:
Your so lucky to have all those great exhibits go through in Memphis, you need to go and see the Muppets !! If that show comes through Seattle or anywhere in the North West I'm there :eek:
I have tried for years to get the show here in Seattle and like you I have not recieved any phone calls back, I do know if you do Call Henson Productions in New York, they might be able to tell you where they currently are exhibiting the Art of Muppets. I know when I called years ago they were touring in Toronto, Canada.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
You can bet if it's coming into town I'll be all up in that event! I was at the Schulz exhibit a few times.

I do consider our city lucky to have these events come through, and I even look forward to a dizney exhibit to come into Memphis at some point!

If a Henson exhibit came thru, I would want to be a part of it somehow--maybe doing a puppet show or delivering a discussion about Jim Henson and the Muppets and their place as a thread in the American Blanket of Popular Culture.

Jrogers75

Reaction score
Sadly I called Jim Henson Productions in New York and the front desk guy had no clue what I was talking about :smirk:

I hope to try a few more #'s from my Henson magic hat and see if I can't get any more info for theeeeee Muppet fans :smile:

BlueAM

Reaction score
Jrogers75 said:
I remember seeing a great Muppet exhibit when I was a young child in Denver, Colorado. They had tons and tons of props, coustumes, and the muppets themself on display.

I remember being shocked that the muppets were not living breathing creatures :concern:

They did have lots of great info on how several of the shots from the TMS, and TMM. Thought it was cool that Jim was in a special sub like thing when they shot the scene where Kermit was singing Over The Rainbow in the rowboat that was in the swamp.

I called Henson Productions in the mid 90's and asked if they still were touring that exhibit and to my suprise almost 20 years later they were still touring that exhibit.

If you want the exhibit to come to your town... talk with the your local musuem cordinator and tell them you want to see it !

Was hoping other Muppet fans could share their experience of this exhibit.

:smile: Jason :smile:
What puppets do you remember seeing?

Also, I went to the Vision of Jim Henson exhibit in Pittsburgh some years ago. It was GREAT! I LOVED seeing puppets of Mahna Mahna, Prairie Dawn, and some Anything Muppets, to name just a few.

BlueAM