Traveling Muppet Museum

Jrogers75

Reaction score
BlueAM said:
What puppets do you remember seeing?

Also, I went to the Vision of Jim Henson exhibit in Pittsburgh some years ago. It was GREAT! I LOVED seeing puppets of Mahna Mahna, Prairie Dawn, and some Anything Muppets, to name just a few.

BlueAM
I remember seeing Miss Piggy, Kermit, Gonzo, and Fozzy Bear.
I still have my Poster I received from there boxed up some place. I need to frame it.

King Hostess

Reaction score
Oh man, I've been trying for about 5 years to get a copy of the book that went along with the exhibit.

Going to the exhibit is my first real memory. It was one of the coolest exhibits ever to come to New Orleans. My parents tell me it was my third birthday. I don't know about that. All I remember is the rain, cold, and all of those glorious, glorious Muppets. Almost everyone you can think of was there. It was awesome.

Here's hoping the exhibit swings south again sometime. :sympathy:

Your high-caloric friend,
King Hostess

BlueAM

Reaction score
King Hostess said:
Oh man, I've been trying for about 5 years to get a copy of the book that went along with the exhibit.

Going to the exhibit is my first real memory. It was one of the coolest exhibits ever to come to New Orleans. My parents tell me it was my third birthday. I don't know about that. All I remember is the rain, cold, and all of those glorious, glorious Muppets. Almost everyone you can think of was there. It was awesome.

Here's hoping the exhibit swings south again sometime. :sympathy:

Your high-caloric friend,
King Hostess
I'm glad you liked it!
I was wonderin' if you could touch the fabrics and stuff in the "touch wall" they had there and if you took pictures unless, that is, they allowed you to.

BlueAM

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
King Hostess said:
Your high-caloric friend, King Hostess

Welcome to Muppet Central, my favorite food group, sir! Hostess! mmm! :stick_out_tongue:

King Hostess

Reaction score
BlueAM said:
I'm glad you liked it!
I was wonderin' if you could touch the fabrics and stuff in the "touch wall" they had there and if you took pictures unless, that is, they allowed you to.

BlueAM
Much to my future regret, my parents did not take any pictures. Don't know if it was because it wasn't allowed or what. Not much help on the fabric wall either, at three I was more interested in the visuals.

I've thought about going to the museum and seeing if they have an archive or something that might have pictures. I don't know.

Fozzie Bear: thanks for the welcome. I've been haunting the forums for years, just never had anything to say until now.

King Hostess

BlueAM

Reaction score
King Hostess said:
Much to my future regret, my parents did not take any pictures. Don't know if it was because it wasn't allowed or what. Not much help on the fabric wall either, at three I was more interested in the visuals.

I've thought about going to the museum and seeing if they have an archive or something that might have pictures. I don't know.

Fozzie Bear: thanks for the welcome. I've been haunting the forums for years, just never had anything to say until now.

King Hostess
Can you remember any of the Muppets you remember seeing at the exhibit?
I only know of:

Kermit in his director's chair
Miss Piggy
The Electric Mayhem
Big Bird and the rest of the Sesame Street Gang
The early Kermit and the Sam and Friends cast
The SNL Muppets
Emmet and Ma Otter in a rowboat
The Riverbottom Gang
Sweetums and Robin
The African Masks
Plus cutouts of Jim, Frank, and Jerry holding up actual puppets of the "Pigs in Space" regulars

THANKS!

BlueAM