Trying something different

Rymoore21

Reaction score
Hey fellow puppet freaks!

I have started working on a miniature puppet. I am going for "creepy" and disfigured. I gave no attention to symmetry and/or perfection because I want it to look kinda Aboriginal. I still need to paint the face and eyes, finalize the mouth mechanism, and build the body. Here is my progress so far. For now, we will just call him Syphilis, you know, for fun. Here is a link to a vid of the mouth mech I am currently using in action. I am considering changing it because it isn't reliable: http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/f...6-4DD2-9149-576C9621DC08_zpsbkh05zbh.mp4.html

PuppetMad

Reaction score
This guy looks great, i love the more grotesque and abnormal monster/alien/thing, as opposed to the more cutesy cuddly one (which are great to). What did you make him out of, is it foam?

Rymoore21

Reaction score

Here he is painted. The basic body is made, I just need to trim the fur and add extremities and wardrobe. He is a rod puppet and I am happy with the results so far. Just need to perfect the mouth mech and work out a few kinks.

los

Reaction score
What is the mechanism look like under the clay and fur. I've been trying to find the mechanism for a rod puppet with no success

Rymoore21

Reaction score
I pulled the mechanism out of my ***. It is basically a coat hanger bent into a right angle and attached to the bottom mouth plate that extends down with various curves in it to give leverage and a loop at the bottom that serves as a trigger. I wouldn't use this mech again because it doesn't work as well as I like.