Tuotorial: Screen captures

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
OK, welcome to the Screencaptures tuotorial. I will be your guide here.
The following is what you should do if you are on a

Windows System
----------------------------------------------------------
Now here's what to do. Laptops & PC's are very different keyboard-wise. Laptops need to have less keys to be more convenient and mobile. Now, suppose you wanna take a picture of the forum today. OK. Simple. Go to the part of the forum you wanna take a picture of and then follow the corresponding:

LAPTOP:
Look on your laptop for the FN Key. Found it? It should be in the lower left corner of your keyboard. Good. Now find the Insert Key. It's In the lower right corner of your keyboard. Below the 'Insert' text on that key, there should be below or on top of it, in smaller print 'PrintScrn'. That means its gonna take a picture when combined with the 'Insert' Key. You gotta press those two together at once. Then go to your print program ( eg: Photoshop) and select Edit>Paste. Then save it and there ya go!

PC:
You know that funny section of your keyboard with The Never-Used Keys ( Home, Scroll Down, Nums Lock Light, etc) Around there should be the PrintScrn Key. Press that and then go to the print program ( eg: Photoshop) and select Edit>Paste. Then save it and there ya go!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The following is what you should do if you're using

Mac OS
----------------------------------------------------------
Any kind of Mac at all ( iBook, Powerbook, iMac, etc ):
Press at the same time the keys: OpenApple Key, Shift key, and the 3 key. Press them all at once. A picture file should appear on the Desktop.

I hope this helps you guys.

Nick :stick_out_tongue: :smile:

F

furryredmonster

Thanks soooo much for that.... I was always wanting to do that... I will try it out!! :big_grin:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
The simplest thing can seem so hard!

Thank you so much for this tutorial! I tried it on this very page and it worked! Awesome.

Is there a way to save the whole page? All I saw was what was in my viewable screen at the time, like I couldn't scroll down y'know?

THANK YOU!

:big_grin:

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
No, not to my knowledge is there a way to save the whole page...unless you download some special software ...

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Gotcha.

This is still awesome, I can get all kinds of pictures for my Backstage set now!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
This rocks, I never knew why it worked on my computer and not my laptop, thanks AM, this is truly awesome!:excited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
How come you can't take a picture of what's playing on RealMedia, even when the movie's on pause?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Getting stills of video usually requires a special program. Unless your players has a "capture image" feature built in. I think Windows Media Player 10 has a capture image option if you right click in the video window while video is playing.