1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Tuxedo Kermit

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by MuppetQuilter, May 22, 2002.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. MuppetQuilter

MuppetQuilter Member

Just wanted to let everyone know the exclusive tuxedo Kermit is now available for pre-order from Toys R Us on-line. The price is $14.99 plus shipping and ship date is listed as July.
  2. gorry

gorry New Member

thanks for the info.:)
  3. MM-III

MM-III New Member

It just goes to show you how cool Ebgames is for only charging one dollar more than a regular figure. Now if only they would stop delaying the frickin' release dates!
  4. Beaker 78

Beaker 78 New Member

Dose anyone think this is alittle high in price?

Kelly
  5. gorry

gorry New Member

well for a regular figure,yes.but since it's an exclusive it's higher valued,at least it's cheaper than the convention exclusives are online.:D
  6. FER SURE

FER SURE New Member

Does anyone else find it kinda weird that they are calling him the "Master of Ceremonies" Kermit?
  7. Jara19

Jara19 New Member

It's a little high but I really want the tux Kermit. Thanks for the info!
  8. ResidentLilly

ResidentLilly Active Member

The reason that they are calling him "MC" Kermit is because initially, in the first sell sheet that TRU got that's what he was called. Technically it is called 25th Anniversary Kermit. Regarding the 14.99, that is, I THINK, because it is the on-line price. It isn't my impression that the version on the shelf at TRU will cost ANY more than the regular version. At least, that is the assumption I am operating under. Mike knows more than me about that...perhaps he will step in here and give the skinny...Mike?

Ken
  9. MikeHornPalisad

MikeHornPalisad New Member

I haven't seen anything firm from them on their SRP yet. I would assume that the in-store price would be around $10 (I'm pretty sure it will a buck or two more than the standard figure), but I just don't know for sure.

The TRU.com system operates separately from the regular TRU stores. Unlike EB, for example, where the online is just an extension of the regular business. KB is the same way. That's why you see the figures available at KBToys.com but will not see them in the KB retail stores.

Sorry to go semi-OT on you, but I think it helps clarify the systems a bit.

MH
  10. Michael Crawford

Michael Crawford New Member

Well, I'm not that Mike...

But I suspect the price is also due to a low run. I'm betting that Tux Kermit is probably in the 12k-15k neighborhood, knowing how past exclusives of other lines have gone.

And there's no excuse not to pre-order - you can cancel an Amazon order right up to the day it ships, so if you find one first at the store, you simply cancel. Don't dilly dally and then start complaining three months from now because you missed out!

Michael
    MWC
  11. Michael Crawford

Yep!

A good way to think of how TRU.com works with TRU is to simply consider them as another retailer that gets it's product just from TRU.

TRU packs up a certain quantity, ships it off to Amazon, and at that point it's sold as far as TRU is concerned. Amazon is a reseller of their product. That's why you can't return on-line purchases at the bricks and mortar TRU stores.

Michael
    MWC
  12. Michael Crawford

And one final note...

I've heard he will be $12.99 in the stores.

Michael
    MWC