TV Alert: ABC Family's Muppet Movie Marathon Sunday January 5

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Is it just me or was Max's first scene in The Muppet Movie trimmed a bit? Something about his dialogue when he's telling the construction workers what to do seems different, but I can't tell what.

So they show half of the credits, then cut it to black for the rest? Reminds me of the copy my parents taped from TV back in the 1980s, which ended close to the same spot (except it ended when Piggy and Kermit appear on camera). Back then they didn't do split-screen credits, so the credits just ended there. I think I also saw another broadcast like that.

Interesting how the Jim Henson Pictures logo was on this broadcast, while the Muppets Studio logo added to the 2005 DVD release isn't included as well.

Anybody know if the recent Blu-Ray transfers are used for this broadcast? The colors in this airing of The Muppet Movie look brighter than I'm used to.

It seems like the world television premiere of The Muppets has been heavily promoted while the marathon itself hasn't. Couldn't they have advertised both the marathon and the world television premiere?

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
After watching the first half hour or so of TM11 on ABC Family, I've decided to give up and watch my DVD copy instead. It may not be the same as watching the movie 'live', but at least the best jokes aren't taken out to make room for more commercials.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Another thing is that the cleaning montage got trimmed, the scene where Kermit's looking for a guest host and the other moment where the gang's sleeping in hammocks under the open roof were cut.

I rully want networks to air the entire movie... But since that won't happen at least I have the movies themselves, except for TM and MMW of course.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Given that that song was severly truncated in the actual theatrical run back in 2011, I'm not surprised at its absence.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
They cut out 80's Robot racing to the theather before the show starts, and the part with Whopi, Selena and Rico arriving at the theater.

They cut Smells Like Teen Spirit, and the dialogue with Kermit and Fozzie before Kermit lights the match.

fufumuppet

Reaction score
I didn't realize they cut out so much stuff. I only noticed I Hope That Something Better Comes Along was cut out and then I was mad because that is one of my favorite songs. I guess I did miss a lot of the marathon because I wasn't really paying attention because the commercials were annoying.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
They cut James Carvile's cameo.

The film ended after Tex Richman's Mahna Mahna.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
And finally they cut the ending off after :news: states that Tex Richman gave back the studio and the Muppets' name... Oh, and absolutely no MMW promos. :boo: :sleep: