TV Alert: Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas on ABC Family December 12 and 13

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas" returns to TV this year on ABC Family. This show airs on Saturday December 12 at 12:15 pm eastern and will re-air at 11:05 am eastern on Sunday December 13.

It has been many years since Emmet Otter has been on TV so we applaud ABC Family and Henson for getting this classic back on the air. Since this is airing on a Disney owned network, we'll see if the Kermit segments return for this broadcast.

ABC Family is also airing "The Bells of Fraggle Rock" holiday episode. Find out more info and discuss here.

If saw this special broadcast, please like this post and share your thoughts below.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Emmet Otter started on ABC Family and already I'm impressed. Not only was :smile:'s introductory opening kept, but what really surprised me is that they had the full version of The One Bathing Suit as well. Maybe this presentation will also have Mrs. Mink's solo number Born In A Trunk.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, they did edit out when Emmet and Alice bring out Pa Otter's slide onto the frozen river as well as Ain't No Hole In The Washtub so there are still issues with this airing.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm surprised they left Kermit in.

Anyway, cropping the special into widescreen admittedly gives it more of a film look than a videotape look, which is an improvement, but of course, cropping in general removes part of the picture, which is one of the reasons I dislike widescreen so much.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Another edit that was made was the removal of the Riverbottom Gang mentioning why they went into Mrs. Mink's shop in the first place, to get some new drums for Howard Snake.

And Kermit's ending narration was also kept. This made me happy today. Now if we could get a DVD of the full unedited version with this airing's full version of The One Bathing Suit and Born In A Trunk, that'd be the perfect version for me. :smile:

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I swear I did a double take when the verse that was missing from previous edits made it to air. I couldn't believe they kept that. I didn't even know they videotaped that verse! I noticed there were new lines we never saw or heard before today, like Emmet's line as he and Ma were walking through town before the music shop, "Might as well head for the river then". And Harrison Fox's outro for a new act featuring moles for a duet.

I was a little sad that "Ain't No Hole in the Washtub" was left out entirely, but at least we saw Kermit when he was onscreen.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
And Kermit's ending narration was also kept. This made me happy today. Now if we could get a DVD of the full unedited version with this airing's full version of The One Bathing Suit and Born In A Trunk, that'd be the perfect version for me. :smile:
Maybe they could. Disney let Henson use the Rowlf scenes on the Dog City DVD. Anything could happen.