TV Alert: Keep Christmas with You with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Sesame Street

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
On Monday December 21st, PBS is airing the anticipated special "Keep Christmas with You" with the Sesame Street Muppets, Santino Fontana (Frozen) and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. This is an incredible special to usher in the holiday season and a must-see for you and your family. The hour-long show begins at 8 pm central, 9 pm eastern.

If you do not see the special airing Monday December 21st on your PBS station, then please check your local listings and times in your area as it will likely air later this week. This special will also re-air throughout December in many markets.

Please Note: PBS is airing an abbreviated version of this fantastic special. We highly recommended the full DVD which includes the entire special with a run time of 93 minutes, and behind-the-scenes features with the Sesame Street performers (23 minutes) and Santino Fontana (7 minutes) along with the count down videos and bloopers with The Count (7 minutes). An official CD is also available which includes all the songs from the special.

If you saw "Keep Christmas with You" with the Sesame Street Muppets, Santino Fontana and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir please like this post and share your thoughts below.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
:news: This is a Sesame Street News Flash! To all Muppet/Sesame fans in Puerto Rico, Keep Christmas with You with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Sesame Street will air on Friday, Christmas Night at 8 PM on your local PBS affiliate. We now return to your regularly scheduled postings. :smile:

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Having bought the DVD a month before and watching the televised version tonight, I know that they cut out a lot of good stuff. As Philip said, if you like this, please buy the DVD with the extended footage. You don't know what you're missing. If you wanna talk about that, I made a thread here: http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/posts/1151513/

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Haven't seen the unedited special, but man, that concert must have been fantastic in person. That giant stage & choir is amazing. I felt the balance between Sesame and the choir was good enough. The only thing I know they left out that would've been nice to see in there was the "Twelve Days of Christmas" piece, but ah well, the rest was still great.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I must confess, seeing Big Bird's massive head threw me off at first (Matt sounded a little out of voice too), but aside from that, it was an enjoyable special, and like Oscarfan said, there was a good balance between the Muppets and the actual choir itself. Some of my favorite highlights from the special included Grover's bits directing from the control room, Ernie encouraging Bert to sing, Abby and Rosita getting to sing with the choir (really, that was some of the best Abby singing I've heard yet), and of course Cookie's incessent quest for Christmas cookies.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Oooh man,i'm so bummed I missed it. I was watching a Doctor Who christmas special and completely forgot that this was on.:cry:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Haven't seen the unedited special, but man, that concert must have been fantastic in person. That giant stage & choir is amazing. I felt the balance between Sesame and the choir was good enough. The only thing I know they left out that would've been nice to see in there was the "Twelve Days of Christmas" piece, but ah well, the rest was still great.

What?!?! Great, now I have no reason to watch this thing at all. Apox on the Grinches or grouches who decided to make that edit cut!
*Has to wait to hear :The 12 Days sung by :batty: on MCR now, if I'm able to catch it these last few days. :frown:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I must confess, seeing Big Bird's massive head threw me off at first (Matt sounded a little out of voice too)
Yeah. I was wondering if I was the only one who noticed BB sounding different. I knew it wasn't Carroll, but even for Matt's Big Bird. Maybe he had a cold when this was taped or something.

But other than that, it was very good. I liked how they included classic SS songs like "Keep Christmas With You," "Sing," and "People in Your Neighborhood." Plus it gave the new puppeteers (ex: Billy Backhurst, Ryan Dillon) a chance to shine. It was nice to see one last PBS "Sesame Street" special before the show moves to HBO next month.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I watched PBS' airing of the special the other night. Overall, it was...pretty good. Like Shane pointed out, there was a great balance between the Muppets and the choir. Of course I enjoyed every scene that focused on our good old childhood friends. But there was one moment that really stuck and that was when Ernie and Grover spilled the beans that Bert was going to sing for everyone. What really amused me about this particular scene was that Bert complained how nasally his voice- I had the same exact thought 13 years ago when I first heard Eric's voice for Bert on the "Bert and Ernie's Word Play" video! (I'd already seen a good amount of both Bert and Grover without even knowing at times that Frank wasn't performing them- until of course I saw the aforementioned video!)

All in all it was a nice special, and hopefully the DVD will be better- as soon as I get some Amazon money...

Oooh man,i'm so bummed I missed it. I was watching a Doctor Who christmas special and completely forgot that this was on.:cry:
They're re-airing it on Friday night at 8 pm...at least on my PBS station. Check your local listings! :smile: (If not, you can simply just try and buy the DVD from Amazon)

It was nice to see one last PBS "Sesame Street" special before the show moves to HBO next month.
Agreed.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
While watching this show I kept thinking that this is the type of thing Jim Henson would have done.

I have said this before but I love that Ernie is doing more.

Cookie Monster really got on my nerves in this......Why?

The songs where great, so i really enjoyed this show.