1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

TV Alert: Muppets on WWE Tribute to the Troops December 19 and December 22

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Wednesday night on the USA Network the Muppets will honor the United States Armed Forces with its 10th annual holiday special, WWE Tribute to the Troops. The 10th anniversary holiday extravaganza will air as a two-hour television special on Wednesday December 19 at 9 eastern, 8 central on the USA Network and as a one-hour television special on Saturday December 22 at 9 eastern, 8 central on NBC.

[​IMG]

If you saw this appearance, please "like" this message and share your thoughts below.

Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  2. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Oh Piggy, Piggy, Piggy. Lol

3. Pinkflower7783

I just saw Kermit and Piggy!!! Don't know what to think though. :p

4. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

I loved it. I liked Pepe and Rizzo drooling over whoever the female wrestler was, cause that's what I was feeling. But, I have to wonder: Did Kevin perform the goat? It sounded like it.

5. Pinkflower7783

I think Piggy paid the one guy something to try to force Kermit to propose. :p

6. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

oh nice cant wait to see this

7. Pinkflower7783

Here's clips:

Edgar Ferrara and Phillip like this.
  8. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

OMG pepe and rizzo so funny hope they get some good jokes in the new muppet movie :p steve and bill are awesome :shifty::rolleyes:

9. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting those Pinky...the Kermit and Piggy bit was priceless....

10. Pinkflower7783

The Kermit & Piggy bit was hilarious!! I was waiting for Kermit to say "Disney doesn't allow me to answer such questions." XD

11. bknatchbull

bknatchbull Well-Known Member

12. Pinkflower7783

Fozzie was also there...he was only on for a split second but he was still there. Haven't seen a clip for that yet though.

Of course for me I loved when Kermit said "were just a simple frog and a lovely pig who care about each other." Aww Kermie!!! :)

13. Borples

Borples Active Member

Rizzo! You guys it was Rizzo! Hanging out with Pepe and Gonzo! And acting like Rizzo!!

...and the other stuff was fun, too. :)

muppetlover123 and DannyRWW like this.
  14. Pinkflower7783

Are we sure it was Rizzo?? But seriously it's so nice when Steve can perform Rizzo! Since Kermit takes up most of his time nowadays.

Muppet fan 123, Borples and DannyRWW like this.
  15. TheWeirdoGirl

TheWeirdoGirl Well-Known Member

Gonzo, Rizzo and Pepe!!! Seriously, that was fantastic, and it may or may not have caused a small fangirl freak out moment. :p

And all the other Muppet stuff was great too. I laughed when Kermit was freaking out about marrying Piggy, and when the audience started cheering for him. :)

Borples likes this.
  16. MrBloogarFoobly

MrBloogarFoobly Well-Known Member

Eh... That was pretty cringeworthy, to be Frank. (Hereby referring to a lovable Frank Oz curmudgeon sensibility.) The Muppets shouldn't be working with WWE. That's beneath them.

Reevz1977 likes this.
  17. Pinkflower7783

It was just in good fun. As Kermit would say "sheesh."

18. Pinkflower7783

I could be looking into this a lot which is something I normally do. :p However I take hesitating as a sign Kermit might actually be not so afraid of marriage as he once was. Cause before he wouldn't have hesitated to say "no." Again that's probably just me over analyzing. But it's a nice thought for me. :p

I LOVED when the audience started saying Kermit's name!! I wanted to participate! :)

19. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I just watched the clips, very funny. "The Team No" thing was extremely...er, odd.
    But the whole thing was very funny, especially the last one, where Kermit is being forced to marry Piggy, some funny stuff went on then.

Bridget likes this.
  20. Pinkflower7783

Haha the whole marriage thing I thought turned into an interesting version of TMS! XD

Bridget likes this.