1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

TV Alert: The Muppets on Dancing with the Stars Monday September 28, 2015

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Monday night don't miss The Muppets return to "Dancing with the Stars" on ABC beginning at 7 central, 8 eastern.

[​IMG]
    The Muppets sang "Life's a Happy Song" on Dancing with the Stars from their seventh feature film "The Muppets" in November 2011.

If you saw The Muppets on "Dancing with the Stars", please like this post and share your thoughts below.

2. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

It was okay. But there was no musical number.

3. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Yeah. That was a big disappointment. It was only brief appearances by the Muppets. If I had known that, I may not have sat through the whole thing. Well you know the old saying: Rats.

4. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

I was fully expecting a big opening number, but although the Muppets were there, no musical number featuring them! That was pretty disappointing to me.
    I think we were all under the impression that there would be a huge opening number featuring the Muppets, but we got nothing!

What happened? That's what I'd like to know!

5. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

So we're all in agreement, we're calling "shenanigans" on Tom Burgerbuns and the rest of DWTS's production team for this.

Fozzie's still in need of some help as an announcer, his "Holly in the Woods" made me laugh.
    I did like some of the dances though like the Addams Family tango. :scary:

6. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Did I miss something? All I saw was Kermit chatting with Tom for a brief moment and that was it, nothing else.

7. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

To quote :boo: "You didn't miss much."

Scooter appeared to give them the 15 seconds to air alert, Fozzie was practicing his intro, and Kermit spoke about them helping DWTS tonight.
    Piggy took over introducing the stars and their partners alongside Tom, and that was basically it.

So again... Shenanigans on DWTS!

8. MUPPETFAN1976

MUPPETFAN1976 Active Member

Tom Beargeron, you've struck again.

First, the Muppets didn't appear last year on AFV when they should have to promote MMW. Now, they only appear for a mere 5-10 minutes WITHOUT the big number.

Tom Beargereon, you disappoint us all.

dwayne1115 likes this.
  9. Muppy

Muppy Well-Known Member

It's not Tom's fault lol. He just happens to be hosting ...

10. MUPPETFAN1976

MUPPETFAN1976 Active Member

Yeah, but these are shows that Tom is (or was) hosting.

11. chudman1000

chudman1000 Member

Hey, maybe he was still bitter and cut their time as payback for being bumped off of "Up Late With Miss Piggy" (and for Kermit's comment to Scooter about him). ;)

12. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Gee, why does everybody on MC hate Tom Bergeron so much? What's he ever done to garner so much hate? He's never gotten in trouble for sexually assaulting young girls *cough*Cosby*cough*, he's never compared gay people to a hate organization *cough*whoever Azelia Banks is*cough*, he never thrives on being a big fat hypocrite over important issues *cough*Bristol Palin*cough*, he's not trying to further divide our country *cough*Trump*cough*, nor does he pollute the media with a bunch of self-indugent attention and garbage *cough*Kardashians*cough*.

So, like, what's the dealio?

13. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

I kind of agree with D'Snowth there. It could be only coincidental that the Muppets got the shaft on two Tom Bergeron shows it doesn't mean Tom himself had anything to do with it. I mean look at how often the Muppets were on "Hollywood Squares." No big issues there. (Okay, maybe contestants didn't get picked as much as we had hoped there. But again that was the contestants, not Tom.) So you see what I mean.

14. GuySmileyfan

GuySmileyfan Active Member

You know, I wish Kermit the Frog can do Happy Feet on DWTS.