1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

TV Alert: The Muppets on NBC's Christmas in Rockefeller Center November 28

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I'll be watching that one Friday at my parents house! Can't wait!! Last appearance probably for awhile because I'm sure their gonna be preparing to shoot the new movie I'm just gonna say it because it's practically Dec already NEXT MONTH!!! :)
  2. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

yeah i hope they do a live preformance at disney christmas parade
  3. Pinkflower7783

I said the same thing. :) Even if they don't perform I can't imagine their not gonna make some kind of apperance given the Christmas parade is in Walt Disney World.
  4. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

I loved Pepe in this.
  5. DrDientes

DrDientes Active Member

The way the Snowths danced made my day.:):D
  6. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

Just watched the video that was posted in this thread...it was all right. More cons than pros for me.

First, I really think that the Muppets' vocals were prerecorded. Kermit's intro in the Rockefeller show is exactly the same as the one in the music video. If Steve were speaking live, he would have stopped while Cee Lo did his little shout-out. With prerecorded tape, the Muppeteers don't have the option of stopping mid-performance. They have to keep going, even if someone is talking over the prerecorded track. And that's why I dislike lip-synching to prerecorded tracks.

Second, I didn't care for Animal or Miss Piggy too much in this song. Animal wasn't his hyperactive self, and Miss Piggy seemed slightly reserved/restrained. If I'm hearing correctly, Animal is the one taking up Mahna Mahna's role. But Animal was basically statue-esque throughout. Plus, Miss Piggy didn't get in any smart remarks, which is the essence of her character. Pepe, Kermit & the Snowths were the only one that were fun to watch, in my opinion.

Third, Cee Lo's outfit...:p he looks like a giant tomato in that getup. Like the Fruit of the Loom commercials with the singing men in fruit costumes. LOL

I definitely prefer the Rockefeller appearance when Dr. Teeth & the EM sang "Run Run Rudolph." Also, the Jimmy Fallon appearance was funny, too. Those two are WAY better than this one.
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  7. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Liked this! Cee-Lo's outfit again was pretty much a head-scratcher, but I think that's his style nowadays.
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  8. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Though I think the prerecording is due to lack of resources. Though live speaking can be done, I would assume that it would be much more demanding on the performers, especially ones like Eric, who would potentially have to throw lines for Fozzie and Piggy, in this instance.
  9. Pinkflower7783

Umm...they only have so much time to fit stuff in you know...the only thing like I said I didn't care for was them being in that sleigh. Just seemed too awkward.
  10. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I don't like that Kermit was kinda cut from the beginning of the song, you couldn't hear what he was saying. I don't think this was lyp-synced, becuase Cee's words were slightly different from the song and the video. Nothing beats live performances.

I don't understand who's in charge of Cee'Lo's wardrobe, he looks like he's trying to copy Elton John in some way but failed badly.
  11. Pinkflower7783

I don't like when anyone cuts off Kermit. :p
    Muppet fan 123 and cjd874 like this.
  12. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if maybe Cee-Lo was speaking live, and the Muppets were pre-recorded? It would be a bit awkward for Cee-Lo there, but it's a possibility.
  13. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

I think that's it! That's the only reason I can think of as to why Cee Lo would be speaking over Kermit's prerecorded introduction.
  14. Mistoffelees

Mistoffelees Member

I highly doubt that one performer was doing Fozzie's right arm and Animal, because that would mean his arms were crossed in front of him, making it difficult or him to perform either. From this video, I can't tell if Fozzie actually had a second puppeteer, as his right arm didn't seem to be moving. I don't think Piggy had a right arm performer either. I think Animal was quiet because he was chained and didn't have any solo lines until the end of the song. I always like to see him there.

If I had to guess performers, (as I love to do) I would imagine Eric was doing Piggy with Dave Rudman performing Fozzie, Peter Linz performing Animal and Matt Vogel as the Snowths.
  15. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Ah, true, I forgot about the fact that the performer couldn't use his left arm to do Fozzie's right arm. :oops: And looking back again, Fozzie doesn't have a second puppeteer, as his arm is flopping around freely.

Still, on Animal, I woulda thought they should at least have him move around a little even if he couldn't talk...he seemed pretty still throughout.

Also, Miss Piggy never really needs a right hand puppeteer due to the fact she is a hand rod puppet rather than a live hand puppet. For extravagant scenes, she might, but on a run-of-the-mill thing like this where her hands really don't need to move, one puppeteer can operate both rods.
  16. Mistoffelees

Mistoffelees Member

I was under the impression that Miss Piggy alternates between being a hand-rod puppet and a live hand puppet for her appearances. I feel like I've definitely seen a live-hand Miss Piggy in the last few years, possibly Christmas at Rockefeller Center 2009 or D23.
  17. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

the live shows on tonight they also said its going to be on youtube which maybe they are waiting til its no tonight
  18. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure she hasn't been a live-hand puppet, mainly do to proportion issues. Live-hand puppets' hands are much bigger than hand-rod puppet hands, so I feel like the bigger hands wouldn't fit with the rest of her. I could be wrong, though.

I do think there may have been some shots in Muppet movies or specials and such where only her hands were shown for a few seconds lifting something or another, and there gloves were used for her hands.