TV Guide Article

BIGMuppetFan

Reaction score
The Main Muppet Cast (Big Bird, Grover, Oscar, Elmo, Cookie, Ernie and Bert, and Abby) is on the Cover of the Issue and Inside the cast picture is two Pages 26 and 27 and the article is on Pages 28 and 29

theprawncracker

Reaction score
The Main Muppet Cast (Big Bird, Grover, Oscar, Elmo, Cookie, Ernie and Bert, and Abby) is on the Cover of the Issue and Inside the cast picture is two Pages 26 and 27 and the article is on Pages 28 and 29
Excellent! :big_grin: Thanks so much for the info! I checked in stores near me yesterday and they still had the previous issue... so they probably won't get this one till next week. *waits patiently* :insatiable:

BIGMuppetFan

Reaction score
I think they should get it in around Friday! but I am not 100% sure

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I saw one copy at my local 7Eleven. I didn't buy though. Maybe you should check there.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Mom snagged me a copy today, and it was quite a nice little read.

First thing's first, I have to ask... in the cast photo on pages 26 and 27? Where's Miles? We see Gabi, but it's odd seeing that Miles isn't there... of course, I missed a vast majority of Season 39, so is there something I'm missing out on?

Speaking of missing, I noticed in the pic with Abby, Zoe and Rosita that Rosita's wings are missing... what's up with that? I remember when I was a kid, even though Rosita couldn't fly, so many other characters would give her examples of how special her wings really are.

Nextly... I have to get this off my chest... I'm really upset that Adam Sandler's going to be on this year... I'm sorry, but I am, I just really hate Adam Sandler. Don't ask me why, because I honestly don't know why, I just do, and I always have.

But overall, it was a very nice article to read; I loved the little anecdote about Michelle Obama running to hug Roscoe Orman, and I also chuckled at how former producer Samuel Gibbon said alcohol probably had more to do with SST's success than anything (reminds me of all the drug allegations of the Kroffts and their shows), lol.

Interestingly enough, that "Girls' Day Out" article about how they're writing bits with Abby, Zoe and Rosita to help teach little girls how to form healthy relationships and friendships with other girls, to fight the all-too-true "Mean Girl Syndrome" actually spoke to me... because it just now occured to me that in my own little universe, I've actually some how developed far more female characters than I have male; heck, in my current group of central characters, out of the five of them, only one is male, and that's Steve, lol. But then again, girls need positive "role models" to relate to on TV... they've got the likes of Miley Cyrus, Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, etc who either started out with "squeaky clean" images that they quickly tarnish, or were always a bad influence, but refuse to get help. That's probably why we have so many young girls these days getting pregnant by the age of 15, and working the corners by the age of 18... off topic, but this is one of the reasons why I'm worried about what they're going to do with the personalities of The Chipettes in this "Squeakuel" movie... especially Eleanor, I would consider her a better role model for girls than MC, BS, PH, LL, etc... especially in a really good episode where she fought for an opportunity to be on Alvin's soccer team, but Alvin wouldn't let her because he didn't want a girl on his team; when media franchises like that are 'updated' to appeal to today's audiences, I really cringe to think how the new Eleanor will turn out. But again, I can't tell you how I hate what's going on in the world of girls today with a passion... it just sickens me... again, teen pregnancy, prostitution, etc... I'm glad to see that Sesame Workshop is working hard to offer a solution to these problems, and maybe there's a reason why I myself have created more female characters than I have male without realizing it (even though some of the female characters are of the "mean girl" stereotype themselves, but I absolutely NOT going to start addressing those more serious issues in my work ever).

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Saw this last nighti in a Wal-mart store, a very nice article indeed about a great show. :wisdom:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Mom snagged me a copy today, and it was quite a nice little read.

First thing's first, I have to ask... in the cast photo on pages 26 and 27? Where's Miles? We see Gabi, but it's odd seeing that Miles isn't there... of course, I missed a vast majority of Season 39, so is there something I'm missing out on?

Speaking of missing, I noticed in the pic with Abby, Zoe and Rosita that Rosita's wings are missing... what's up with that? I remember when I was a kid, even though Rosita couldn't fly, so many other characters would give her examples of how special her wings really are.

Nextly... I have to get this off my chest... I'm really upset that Adam Sandler's going to be on this year... I'm sorry, but I am, I just really hate Adam Sandler. Don't ask me why, because I honestly don't know why, I just do, and I always have.
Rosita's wings have been gone fro a few years now and Miles hasn't been around much recently, so I guess he's being retired. That's why I assume they brought Chris in.

And, while I don't really like Adam Sandler, have you seen his "Song About Elmo" bit on SS.org? It's so funny!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Rosita's wings have been gone fro a few years now
Wow... and I'm usually good at noting the slightest change in details on the show (character designs, set designs, etc), but I never noticed that... what's the thinking behind it? Another example of unexplained character evolution, perhaps?

dwmckim

Reaction score
I never really cared for the whole wings-aspect of Rosita since before they explained it on the show, they always looked like really poor "live-hand" gloves that were either not disguised well and/or often too exposed. Even after they mentioned they were actually wings, it still looked more to me like live-hand sleeves than wings.