TV Tropes

Drtooth

Reaction score
Apparently, they deleted the page image of Nostalgia Critic reviewing THE ODD LIFE OF TIMOTHY GREEN (a non-nostalgic film), because a majority of the TV Tropes community doesn't even know who Nostalgia Critic is.
Now that I think about it... why?! I've seen obscure webcomics and stuff as trope pages where more generally known references could have worked. I'm sure everyone's heard of Nostalgia Critic by now, and I've yet to find a single webcomic used that anyone actually mentioned before. Baffling why that was challenged.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Now that I think about it... why?! I've seen obscure webcomics and stuff as trope pages where more generally known references could have worked. I'm sure everyone's heard of Nostalgia Critic by now, and I've yet to find a single webcomic used that anyone actually mentioned before. Baffling why that was challenged.
And I actually made the image too, lol.

But again, yeah, they're having a discussion about it right now to find a new crowner image, but yeah, they say Nostalgia Critic isn't well-known enough for people looking at the page to really understand how it's relevant to the subject of Later Installment Weirdness. I think the only other image they're considering using right now is James Brown as an alien from MIAMI VICE.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So TV Tropes just implemented their new design, and while it's not really all that bad as a whole, they layout in general has a really plain and 90s early internet look to it. I also miss the different colors certain pages had (Funny being pink, YMMV being gray, pages from the Darth Wiki being black and red, etc.).

Schfifty

Reaction score
I like this new look, mostly because the links to the subpages (Awesome, Tear Jerker, Nightmare Fuel) now actually say what they link to, instead of just showing the icon. Before, you just had to hover the mouse over them and see the tooltip.

I also noticed a subpage I haven't seen before: "Playing With." Is this a new subpage that came with the redesign, or has it been around for a long time and I just haven't seen it until now?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think it's always been around, I've just never really bothered with it myself.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I like the little drop-down bar that lets you instantly add a new sub-page to a work. Very convenient compared to typing in "Laconic/TitleName" or "YMMV/TitleName" or anything else like that in the URL from before.

There are a lot of people complaining about how blue the main page looks, but I myself am not too bothered by it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The only think that bothers me about the main page is there's no longer a button for things like YKTTW and such.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I have been visiting TVTropes almost every day for 2 years. It is such an awesome site. I have even listed tropes that describe my own videos, :fanatic:.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The only think that bothers me about the main page is there's no longer a button for things like YKTTW and such.
Oop, yes there is, they're at the bottom of the page now in a bottom navigation bar that apparently everybody is really happy about.

Luke kun

Reaction score
I want someone to go talk to Ironeye for me --
"hijhiysonikku doesn't understand why an unpublished work that should have been on the Darth Wiki isn't liked. It was a 3 in the morning thing, so maybe you can give her a chance and mail it to her? Besides, she mentioned on Muppet Central that the movie's coming out in August and that she has a script for it. You don't delete articles for it's nonexistence, so why this? If you give her the stuff she wants, she won't bother you anymore."

...I'm sorry. But, you should really do this.