Two Big Birds

Hays

Reaction score
I know that we have two Big Bird performers now: Carrol Spinney and Matt Vogel, but has anybody else noticed that the JTE puppet looks slightly different? I can't quite get my finger on it, but there's something about the eyes that seems different...Anybody?

Ryan

Reaction score
Hays said:
I know that we have two Big Bird performers now: Carrol Spinney and Matt Vogel, but has anybody else noticed that the JTE puppet looks slightly different? I can't quite get my finger on it, but there's something about the eyes that seems different...Anybody?
Yes, it is a different puppet. Mos likely to fit the measurments of Matt. You can tell it's different because mainly there are much more feathers on top of his head.

Hays

Reaction score
Ryan said:
Yes, it is a different puppet. Mos likely to fit the measurments of Matt. You can tell it's different because mainly there are much more feathers on top of his head.
Am I nuts - are the eyelids or eyelash line a slightly different color, too?

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I think the eyelid colors are different in Journey to Ernie, possibly because the normal blue color doesn't work with the bluescreen they shoot against for the segment. That's just my guess, though.

WiGgY

Reaction score
I noticed that Matt uses the eyelid movement more. he's constantly moving them up and down, but they are usually down making him look different. Also, he has two totally moveable hands. They are taking advantage of that blue screen and I like it.

Splurge

Reaction score
I guess everyone knows this anyway, but the Matt Vogel bird is also used as Granny Bird, at least from what I remember in the Hurricane episodes.

I think it's kind of sweet that Caroll also provides the voice of Granny Bird.

Pino

Reaction score
Does anyone has picture from the two birds? And a pic with grannybird and Bigbird both???