Two classic songs on Sesame Street

maxdrive

Reaction score
yesterday i heard the ernie and his appletree song it is so funny and today i heard do the rubber duck and it makes me think seseme streat can use the kermit sketchs if they wanted he wa sin that song even had a line in it he was clearly visible it had alot of caracters no longer on seseme street guy smiley biff the constuction worker the jazz owl

Reaction score
I feel your pain!!!!! When it comes to not knowing the characters and missing the old ones.

I too miss the old characters. I have tried to watch the new show and I am so lost that I just get confused.

A couple of weeks ago, I went over to my parents house when they were not home. I pulled out my old Sesame Street album and played it. Yes, I am 31. I get older but I never grow up!!! It was nice to hear all the old songs:

- Sing
- Sesame Street Theme
- Has Anybody Seen My Dog (by Marti & Grover)
- Rubber Duckie (Ernie) :stick_out_tongue:
- I love Trash (Oscar) :grouchy:
- Somebody come and Play
- and many others that I can't quite recall at this moment.

It made me cry a bit. My husband was with me and he even had a few tears in his eyes remembering these beloved classics.

The song I miss hearing is Bert's "Pigeon Song." Remember? The catchy lyrics went something like this: "Doin' the uh-uh Pigeon...." He even had a crazy walk and dance to it. Watching that clip made me laugh so hard because Bert was so uptight and repressed. :frown:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
maxdrive said:
yesterday i heard the ernie and his appletree song it is so funny and today i heard do the rubber duck and it makes me think seseme streat can use the kermit sketchs if they wanted he wa sin that song even had a line in it he was clearly visible it had alot of caracters no longer on seseme street guy smiley biff the constuction worker the jazz owl
Actually, I saw the episode with the apple tree song recently and I'm sort of curious about that. I don't remember it from when I was little, but I do think that was Jim's Ernie and Richard's Gladys at the end. Does anyone know how old that sketch was? I'm guessing it came out some time in the 80s.