1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Tyco 1995 tickle me Elmo

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by JackMonster, Feb 15, 2012.

1. JackMonster

JackMonster New Member

Hey guys, I'm new here (just joined today :D) and just had a question. Today me and a friend of mine where up in his attic looking through old soft/plush toys. We found a Fozzie bear that was really old as well as a Tyco TME from '95. He gave me 'em both because he knows how Muppet crazy I am. I was just wondering if the TME is worth anything or if it's rare or anything? I really have no interested in selling it or trading it, I was just wondering in general. The only ones I can find on Ebay are the '07 ones. Thanks for the help guys :)
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  2. JackMonster

JackMonster New Member

Sorry, just realised it's from '96, the label just says Tyco '95
  3. CountFan1998

CountFan1998 Active Member

In fact, Tickle Me Elmo was THE hottest toy of 1996.
  4. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Hi Jack, and Welcome! :)

I'm sorry, I don't have any value information for you, but I will say that it's constantly changing. A lot of die-hard collectors have these by now, and several were completely satisfied by the recent re-release (just wanted the look). I suggest saving a search on eBay, that way you're sure to see how much the next vintage TME goes for.

Best of luck in your quest! And again, welcome!
    :)
    Anthony
  5. JackMonster

JackMonster New Member

Thanks for the nice welcome, KermieBaby47. Just goes to show that all us Muppets fans are nice guys :)
  6. CountFan1998

Indeed we are. :D Welcome to Muppet Central!
  7. JackMonster

JackMonster New Member

Thanks, man :D
  8. CountFan1998

You're welcome... ;)
  9. Animal31

Animal31 Active Member

The original one was re-released a few years ago and sells for $25.00 at TRU, being as it's identical, I couldn't see that it would be much more than that.

But that said, there are die-hard fans of anything original, so what is worth $25.00 to one person may be worth much more to someone else....
  10. JackMonster

JackMonster New Member

Thanks for the replies, guys. Even if it's worth diddly it's still cool to have this thing given it's history.