Tyco Sesame Street collection thread

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Wait, were there individual figures as well as three-packs and the big boxed set?

I'm seeing that Snuffleupagus is referred to as a bonus figure in the 13-figure set. Does that mean he was only available in that collection as opposed to separately/in a 3-pack (well, 13 is not a multiple of three so he couldn't have been in a three-pack)?

I remember around this time, I was wishing for similar Muppet PVCs and beans. In the days before the Palisades days, I was hoping such a set would have a similar diversity of characters, including Bunsen, Beaker, the whole Electric Mayhem (probably including Lips), Pepe, Clifford, Lew Zealand, Crazy Harry, and Sweetums.

DePingPong

Reaction score
They were available individually and in 3 packs. Snuffy was exclusive to the collectors set

DePingPong

Reaction score
I'm bummed that the box for the one I ordered (pics shown above) isn't in the best condition, but all the other listings for this set in the box were anywhere from $60 to $100, so I'm glad I got mine complete for about $40. Can't wait for it to arrive, I've been after the set for years ever since I saw a picture of it many years ago. It came out the a year after I was born so that's kinda neat to have a relic from that time period.

DePingPong

Reaction score
Since Palisades never came to fruition this is probably the best set of figures. They scale nice on the 123 playset from the '70s.

I never had this package, but got most of them individually (I don't have Ernie since I didn't want him in his robe roaming the street lol, Prairie or Snuffy) and have at least 5 of the 6 additional figures (Herry, Honker, Mumford, Rosita and Two-Headed Monster [can't remember if I have Natasha... don't think so]).

The Muppet Wiki page says one of the 19 characters had a variant making a grand total of 20 figures... who's the variant of?
The variant was Elmo. When TYCO released these, Elmo was holding a toy boat, when Fisher-Price rebranded them under their name, Elmo was holding a puppy instead.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I'm glad we finally have a thread for this. I have A LOT of Tyco ss toys but I'll start with the one I got most recently. I got the infamous Rock and Roll Grover at a thrift store for 3 dollars

He is in great condition, still has his tags and everything but I had to give him new batteries

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I remembered those profile cards from my youth and was only recently able to discover they were from this set... I thought it was some trading card game I was unaware of or something.

I'll admit, I kind of don't really see why they wanted to make Ernie in a bathrobe - he could easily still be holding Rubber Ducky while wearing his normal clothes . . . nevertheless, I'll agree, it seems a tad strange to see him out on my scale model in his bathrobe, but I still had to have him anyway, lol.
Eventually I acquired an Ernie giving a thumbs-up with sunglasses on... better than nothing.

I'm bummed that the box for the one I ordered (pics shown above) isn't in the best condition, but all the other listings for this set in the box were anywhere from $60 to $100, so I'm glad I got mine complete for about $40. Can't wait for it to arrive, I've been after the set for years ever since I saw a picture of it many years ago. It came out the a year after I was born so that's kinda neat to have a relic from that time period.
Amen. Some of my earliest memories are getting the individuals carded at CVS.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm glad we finally have a thread for this. I have A LOT of Tyco ss toys but I'll start with the one I got most recently. I got the infamous Rock and Roll Grover at a thrift store for 3 dollars

He is in great condition, still has his tags and everything but I had to give him new batteries
I think I had that!

DePingPong

Reaction score
I loved the Rock and Roll ones. Although, I had gotten Ernie when I was a very lil dude and it scared the crap outta me. Eventually I warmed up to it, then I got the Elmo and Big Bird. I remember a cousin of mine had Grover and I always wanted it.

I used to have the TYCO Magic Talking Kermit, too. I got it for Christmas (which I think was the same XMas I got Ernie) I was disappointed that year year cause neither of them were Elmo, lol. Anyway, we gave the Kermit to someone else cause I was so scared of him. I used to have nightmares of Kermit which is weird cause I don't recall knowing off Kermit when I was that young. But Caribbean Amphibian has been ingrained in my mind since I was that young, somehow.