1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

UK DVD's?

Discussion in 'On the Web' started by jrhzoot, Jan 21, 2004.

1. jrhzoot

jrhzoot New Member

I just had a question. Can UK DVD's be played on US DVD players? I know that PAL Video tapes can't play on US VCR's, but I was wondering about DVD's. If so, I might look into buying the hmv UK DVD set with the extra muppet show episodes.
    Thanks,
    jrhzoot
  2. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

If your player is regionfree then there should not be any problems.
    Maybe you should check out the thread on that subject. Can't recall the name on it, but it's on here somewhere.
  3. anathema

anathema Active Member

Short answer: no, they can't.

A region-free player will not solve the problem. You will also require one that is capable of handling PAL discs. These are not too common in the US, as there's very little demand for them.