UK Fraggle Rock DVD Review

Fighbird

Reaction score
It was neat to see the Fraggles on screen again with this long-awaited release... My only quibble with this set was the lack of Gerry Parkes. Granted, this was the UK version, so why would they release that with Parkes and not McKay?

Living in Denmark, we got the US series (with Parkes and all) in a dubbed version. I'm sure that muppet_dk would agree with me, that a danish version of the DVD is high time! :smile:

Never seing him before, I really enjoyed McKay as the Captain. All in all 2 great discs, and finally a chance for me to hear the original Muppeteers' voices... :wink:

(Now, if there was ever a german release as well, I'd get that, too... saw many of those eps too, when I was a kid...) :big_grin:

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Fighbird said:
Living in Denmark, we got the US series (with Parkes and all) in a dubbed version. I'm sure that muppet_dk would agree with me, that a danish version of the DVD is high time! :smile:
Well I would be happy to see a US release, mainly because I feel that Fraggle Rock is nothing without Parkes. A danish release are properly just wishful thinking. But if it would happend then I hope that it will contain a english soundtrack beside the danish.
I haven't bought this yet, but I certainly will get it at one point.

Brave Didymus

Reaction score
Missing Uncle Matt segment

Interestingly though, one of the episodes (Mokey and the Minstrels I believe) is missing it's Uncle Matt segment on this DVD.
I own a tape of the original broadcast from the 80's and it had a segment where Mokey is given Uncle Matt's postcard by Gobo and reads it on her journey with the minstrels (Uncle Matt thinks the bag-pipes are an animal that the silly creatures are tormenting).
Wonder why this isn't on the DVD???

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Brave Didymus said:
Interestingly though, one of the episodes (Mokey and the Minstrels I believe) is missing it's Uncle Matt segment on this DVD.
I own a tape of the original broadcast from the 80's and it had a segment where Mokey is given Uncle Matt's postcard by Gobo and reads it on her journey with the minstrels (Uncle Matt thinks the bag-pipes are an animal that the silly creatures are tormenting).
There is no postcard sequence in "Mokey and the Minstrels" (episode 31). You're thinking of "The Minstrels" (episode 18) which DOES have that Matt segment you mentioned.

Just curious, did you tape any other UK episodes? :smile:

anathema

Reaction score
Brave Didymus said:
Probably it's just a coincidence that in "Mokey and the Minstrels", the Captain is tormenting Sprockett with a set of bagpipes...