UK TMS DVD boxset

dbarrie

Reaction score
Hey TMS fans,

I just discovered that there is a DVD boxet from the UK that may be worth checking out. While it admittedly doesn't include all 120 episodes, it does include some of the really classic ones. I read about it on HMV's UK Web site, advertised as a store exclusive. It contains 28 eps. spread across 4 discs. Apparently all the Muppet discs released in Region 2 format are compatible with region-free/multi-region players.

Here's the full tracklisting according to www.hmv.co.uk.

Disc One:
Roger Moore / Lynda Carter / Christopher Reeve / Mark Hamill & Star Wars / Sylvester Stallone / Peter Sellers / Deborah Harry

Disc Two:
Shirley Bassey / Andy Williams / Steve Martin / Bob Hope / John Cleese / Bruce Forsyth / Danny Kaye

Disc Three:
Brooke Shields / Dudley Moore / Raquel Welch / Peter Ustinov / Vincent Price / Gene Kelly / Elton John

Disc Four:
John Denver / Kenny Rogers / Alice Cooper / Twiggy / Liza Minnelli / Julie Andrews / Glenda Jackson

Luke

Reaction score
I've seen it, it's nice.

mattyboy

Reaction score
Yeah, I got it for Christmas and although the quality of the picture is good, and that it's useful to skip to certain episodes there's no special features and all of the episodes were previously released on a VHS box-set with even more episodes.

dbarrie

Reaction score
It costs P21.99 (UK pound sterling), so I guess that's close to $50 U.S.

OI MuppetFan

alexmongers

Reaction score
wow! i didn't know! for ages i've moaned about the lack of muppet dvds and now i can see a load of origanal episodes! amazing! oh man i'm just thrilled by this news! i've just ordered it and can't wait! thats my day off on friday sorted then! provided it arrives by then. yes! rock! :big_grin:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Is it worth it though? 21 is just about the total amound of funds I have at the moment, and I want MCC, and VMMC too...

alexmongers

Reaction score
ah totally, i reckon its well worth it. 28 episodes on 4 cds for 22 quid? thats a bargain man. when you think the best of has an hour or so of clips and a couple of episodes and a few other other bits, i would say its value for money. having said that though, i had an email from hmv. they've run out of stock! :boo: so i've got to wait for mine for god knows how long! bah! i hopefully they've not sold out totally or i shall have to cry myself to sleep for the rest of my life :concern:

mattyboy

Reaction score
I admit it was worth buying it cos now I can skip to my favourite episodes and I know I'm gonna get good quality unedited episode.

camilla

Reaction score
mattyboy said:
I admit it was worth buying it cos now I can skip to my favourite episodes and I know I'm gonna get good quality unedited episode.

I bouhgt the VHS version last year and was a bit annoyed that the DVD was the same old episoides nd at least i have 36 episodes with my VHS. Skipping to different episodes woul be cool

I'd love thewre to be a second box set with different episodes. i can ot affoerd nealry £100 for the disc they are selling on Ebay with all 120 episodes

Camilla