UK Toyfair photos

Drtooth

Reaction score
I like the closed mouth fozzie. it sets it appart from all the other Fozzie products in the line to have a new expression! I think I recall a publicity photo or something with ol' Fozaroo an his dumb dummy in which he had the same expression.

I'd love to buy two and switch the heads of one and patrol bear.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I was kiddin' bout myself.

If you go look at Jamie's website, he has an awesome pencil drawing of Fozzie and Chucky with that expression! I actually think it's very cool, and can't wait to own it. Lord knows I've waited for this figure since the line began!

King Prawn

Reaction score
I could not be more excited for this year apart from getting my car have all these great series' to look forward to, I'm especially likeing Nice (but 10 beats it).

The detail around Fozzie's ear is great, if I didn't know any better I'd think it was a pic of the actual puppet and I love that they gave him a little bowtie with the red polker dots, it really makes him look more Fozzeriny.

Pops, Lips, MTI Gonzo & Rizzo also look great as well as adventurer Kermit but the backstage has to be the best thing in 2004 for m, except I don't plan to stuff so many accessories in it, it doesn't look that cool in the picture as I think it will.

Whatever

Reaction score
According to the Palisades site, that isn't an actual picture of the Fozzie figure, it's more of Jamie's genius of messing with pictures.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Definitley getting: The backstage playset w/ Rowlf, Lips, Gonzo and Rizzo from MTI, regular Sam the Eagle, Usher Scooter, Kermit as Captain Smollet.

Probably getting: Dr. Van Neuter, Marvin Suggs, Pops, Johnny, Robin, black tux Gonzo.

Maybe getting: Fozzie, Beauregard, the Johnny repaints, Adventure Kermit.

The backstage looks awesome, although in my display I want be putting that much stuff in it (it looks a little cluttered) and I won't be putting Rizzo in it (since it's the Muppets From Space Rizzo :stick_out_tongue: )

gaffercat

Reaction score
ok why cant i find a pic of the backstage on that web site, was it taken off for some reason?

Whatever

Reaction score
You're right, it's not on there anymore. Probably Palisades asked them to remove it, or there was a problem with space.

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
The bckstage, series 9 and anything else that was shown on a peice of cardboard were never supposed to be photographed. Everyone running the booth was too busy to tell the guy from this site. They just corrected their mistake.

Luke

Reaction score
I was at the UK Toy Fair on the press day (Thursday) and put a report on the Palisades forum at :- http://www.palisadestoys.com/Forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2261

The Muppet turn out this year was a bit dissapointing, only the figures and the busts. As far as the figures go the stuff on the display boards was very good (although i agree the backstage looks too narrow and the photo was a bit cramped - although you have to make some considerations regarding the price and scale so and it's hard to really make a final judgement on size till you see it in person). They had a few figures there that you can see in the photos but apparently they were first shots and some had some major problems. Polly Lobster was probably the biggest star of the show Muppet wise - he's beautifully sculpted and painted looking a bit dark and sinister. A new distributor (not Forbidden Planet/G4G) is going to be putting out the Sideshow busts in the UK - they had most of them there on display although they were still listed at the full £49.99 RRP so don't expect that to come down - i guess they are trying to sell through the stock they have already. Absolutely nothing there about Fraggle, Sesame, Bear, Hoobs or Muppet Babies.

There is some good news about Palisades distribution in the UK - it seems Europe will be focused on a lot more from now and they are going to put in extra efforts working with the distributor so hopefully things should improve on that front. We've already seen the special Adventure Kermit 7 day offer.

beaker

Reaction score
whoah, how did Palisades get the indiana jones licence? sweet!