UK TV : Miss Piggy on This Morning

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Just a quick line to say that I have just found out that Miss Piggy is appearing on ITV's "This Morning" (U.K. T.V. only) for the first time in about 13 years. She will I think be on on Monday's programme -Sept 19th. She will be doing a fashion spot in conjunction with London's fashion week. As far as I know, she will be live in the studio. She is also appearing the night before on "Avenue to the Stars - 50 years of ITV". This on at 8 P.M. Sunday night. Both shows are live coverage.

Rowlf+Buster

Reaction score
okay so this is probably a bit late but the muppets got to number 8 on ITV's 50th anniversarry:50 greatest shows.
and no. 1 on channel 4's Zippy and Georges greatest puppets.
Whether the count as actual appearances or not I don't know.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
There is a small piccy of Miss Piggy with Charlotte Church in The News Of The World Newspaper, on there showbiz page to publicise the Avenue of the stars appearence tonight on ITV.

Chris

Kermieuk

Reaction score
What a mess?? Where has Miss Piggy's character gone? For probably the first time ever Miss Piggy came across as a puppet?? I have always been entertained by her and always get totally entertained by her which makes her seem real. The appearence on ITV's This Morning was awful! Firstly the voice was totally off and for most part she sounded more like Kermit than Miss Piggy! Secondly, it appeared as if 'she' had no idea what Phillip Schofield was talking about when he said about the Muppets new DVD coming out. It was not made clear by presenter or 'puppet'! Since probably about the 80's I have felt Miss Piggy tries to hard. She tries to be agressive, demanding and rude. This is what made Piggy, Piggy the superstar. It was funny without trying. Just watching Miss Piggy, a pig who yearned to be a Mega Star was funny. The facial expression/movements said it all. Now all she does is loose her temper, like people want to see it all the time, and like she has no other part to her personality. At the final appearence, Miss Piggy was sat in a tacky jeweled throne. In The Muppet Movie she looked fab in a throne. In this interview she looked more like a puppet than ever. I dont know if her legs were tucked up, so she appeared to be in a lounging position, but it just didnt look like she had legs at all, which really made you think...........Its a Puppet!! Does anyone know who was performing Miss Piggy for this spot?? While Im on the moan, I laso noticed that her ears are attached really badly! It looks like the wig has been put on her head then the ears attached on top the wig. There were no strands of hair covering the join of the ears and this made then stand up looking really high!!

I hope this isnt how things are going to be in the future??

Chris :mad:

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
It really wasn't good! The lip synch was also out at times, and she was sitting too far forward of the first chair, with costume fabric continually rustling over the performer's mic.

Piggy unscripted this morning was a shame, but the bit with Charlotte Church the previous night, which was clearly scripted and rehearsed was much funnier. However the voice still wasn't right. When you compare Frank's Piggy interview with Michael Parkinson, or Kermit with Jim being interviewd by Joan Rivers it really makes this look amateurish.

And you're right about the ears...what was going on there? Piggy is obviously travelling with a rigger, due to the number of costumes, some of which are very good, and at times she has looked excellent but the ears this morning were bizarre.

James

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
I must admit the UK TV spots that Miss Piggy has done was not greatest ever :frown:

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Just to let UK Fans to know that Channel 4 will be showing again "Zippy and George's Puppet Legends" here's the details :

"Zippy and George's Puppet Legends"

Time - 01:10 to 02:10 (1 hour long).
When - Thursday 2nd March on Channel 4

The zipmeister and the pink hippo make a rare foray out of retirement to recount their favourite puppet legends. In this hour-long puppet extravaganza, Zippy and George interview some of the puppet greats such as Orville, Sooty and Sweep, and Nobby the Sheep. And the duo reveal some of the secrets behind international puppet stardom. Originally shown as part of the Favouritism strand.
source : TV Digigudie
Brian Henson (with a beard :wink: ) & Chris Langham are in this show.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
wow if anyone could get these things on the net it would be greatly apricated I want no need! to see this bad piggy! It may be bad but you lucky Uk people get to see the muppets a heck of allot more then those of us in The USA do. :smirk:

pepestarr

Reaction score
I was going to say it's a shame I missed Piggy but by the sounds of it, it dosent matter. She was on UK Radio aswell and sounded off there. I wonder who is performing her?

I'm going to record that Puppet program!