UK TV Muppet Christmas Schedule

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

I was just watching a movie on Sky Premiere and noticed that Elmo In Grouchland was coming on next so i thought i'll leave it on the same channel.

In the Commercials inbetween movies i heard 'Coming to Sundays Family Movcie Premiere' so i pressed Record on the VCR and it was the Commercial for Its A Verry Merry Muppet Christmas Movie !

And WOW !

It looks great, I wont give anything away because i know no one in the UK has seen it yet !

But im sure we will all love it !

Oh, and Elmo In Grouchland is on now !

See ya

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I hope you really enjoy it Warrick! We all know your one of the most itchy's to see it! It will be nice to see it with out any breaks, but at least we got some Muppet Mastercard ad's in the US.

can't wait to hear what you think!

Zack)Rowlf the, Dog.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You guys didn't answer Frogboy's question. I wouldn't mind, but I'm jjust itchin' to know!

Is Bloody a swear word in the UK?

sal

Reaction score
Yes it bl**dy is.

The Vicar of Dibley had a classic scene concerning this question (is bl**dy a swear word). It cost Owen a £1 a time. Very mild swear word though.

Strange that the use of this word should be an issue for a film that features skeletons hung from trees, talking skulls, torture and murder. My 3 year old loves the Muppets but he ain't going to be seeing Treasure Island for a few years yet.

Yes, I know all the above were needed to be true to the book and I am not arguing with their inclusion in the film. Just think that a small child is more likely to be disturbed by someone being hung from a tree until they die and their skeleton is left to mark the way rather than the word bl**dy.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by sal
Yes it bl**dy is.

The Vicar of Dibley had a classic scene concerning this question (is bl**dy a swear word). It cost Owen a £1 a time. Very mild swear word though.

Strange that the use of this word should be an issue for a film that features skeletons hung from trees, talking skulls, torture and murder. My 3 year old loves the Muppets but he ain't going to be seeing Treasure Island for a few years yet.
Oh! I think I saw that Vicar of Dibley episode (We get them on PBS. Apparently, because it's from the UK someone thought it was educational.. but whoever it was, my hats off to them! Love that British sicom humor!)

Basically, it's funny, cuz I remember the B word used on several cartoon shows made for kids, especially on Carmen Sandiago (In some episode they went through time, screwed up the revolutionary war, and the Cheif said that he had a "Bl**dy English accent." Sometimes I've noticed they used "ruddy" instead. Don't have any idea what a rud is...

beemer

Reaction score
whatever

when will a very merry muppet xmas be showing on other channels exept the sky movie channels?

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Beemer,

I dont think it will be airing on any other channels other than Sky Premiere this year !

Maybe next year ?

See ya

mattyboy

Reaction score
I only just found out that on saturday 28th december on uk horizons that 'i love 1976' with kermit will be on, i think its on at 7.00pm.