UK TV: Muppet Stuff

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Here's some things that you may want to check out :

The B*tchiest Ever TV Moments
Time - 21:00 to 23:05 (2 hours and 5 minutes long).
When - Monday 28th February on five
Presented by Julian Clary, this programme counts down 50 catty, cutting and claws out moments as voted for by Five viewers in an exclusive poll. Who could forget Vanessa Feltz's legendary encounter with Miss Piggy? Or the moment Alexis took over the Carrington mansion? Or the moment Elton John lost the plot in Tantrums and Tiaras? If you're into big hair, high heels and high-maintenance behaviour then this is the show for you.

Bruce Forsyth: A BAFTA Tribute
Time - 21:00 to 22:00 (1 hour long).
When - Sunday 27th February on BBC 1
Jonathan Ross hosts a special gala event to celebrate the showbusiness career of one of Britain's greatest all-round performers and entertainers - Bruce Forsyth. Stars paying tribute include Ronnie Corbett, Natasha Kaplinsky, Michael Parkinson, Tess Daly, Jimmy Tarbuck, Cliff Richard, Des O'Connor, Sarah, Duchess of York, Lesley Garrett and Rosemarie Ford. Bruce himself entertains with a couple of big band numbers.

NOTE : Features footage of Miss Piggy.

Comedy Connections : Spitting Image
Time - 23:20 to 23:50 (30 minutes long).
When - Monday 28th February on BBC 1 East
The series charting the history of some of the best British comedy programmes examines the satirical puppet show Spitting Image. Including interviews with programme co-creator and caricaturist Peter Fluck, Harry Enfield, Alistair McGowan, producers John Lloyd and Geoffrey Perkins and the man who dreamt up the idea, Martin Lambie-Nairn.

NOTE : May feature footage of The Muppets or an interview from Lousie Gold :stick_out_tongue: .

See ya :wink:

Beauregard

Reaction score
"Who could forget Vanessa Feltz's legendary encounter with Miss Piggy?"

Sorry, what was this? Not seen all of MS, I don't know what they are refering to. Can someone enlighten moi?

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Vanessa Feltz and Miss Piggy? Are you sure she wasnt standing next to a mirror!!! :wink: Seriously, whats all that about?

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
TuttertheMouse said:
Vanessa Feltz and Miss Piggy? Are you sure she wasnt standing next to a mirror!!! :wink: Seriously, whats all that about?
The encounter happen in 1996? promoting "MTI" (along with Kermit & Gonzo) on a breakfast programme called "The Big Breakfast",

Vanessa & the Muppets were on a big bed (from left to right Piggy, Vanessa, Kermit & Gonzo) and Vanessa was mostly talking to Kermit & Gonzo and eventually Vanessa goes to Piggy :

Vanessa : So Piggy....... (Piggy interups)
Piggy : Are you talking to me?
Vanessa : yes...
Piggy : Oh fine THANK YOU!, I'm a major superstar and you are talking to the frog and thing!...... How long have you been an interviewer?
Vanessa : years.
Piggy : You are showing too much leg dear !

It was a very funny interview :smile:

hope it helps

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Here's another Muppet appearance to add on to the list :wink: :

My Comedy Heroes
Time - 12:05 to 12:30 (25 minutes long).
When - Saturday 5th March on BBC Radio Scotland
Bruce Morton talks to fellow stand-ups about their influences. He meets Greg Hemphill, whose heroes include Eddie Murphy, Bill Cosby, Monty Python and the Muppets.

See ya :smile:

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
MuppetDanny said:
Hi guys,

Here's some things that you may want to check out :

The B*tchiest Ever TV Moments
Time - 21:00 to 23:05 (2 hours and 5 minutes long).
When - Monday 28th February on five
Presented by Julian Clary, this programme counts down 50 catty, cutting and claws out moments as voted for by Five viewers in an exclusive poll. Who could forget Vanessa Feltz's legendary encounter with Miss Piggy? Or the moment Alexis took over the Carrington mansion? Or the moment Elton John lost the plot in Tantrums and Tiaras? If you're into big hair, high heels and high-maintenance behaviour then this is the show for you.

Bruce Forsyth: A BAFTA Tribute
Time - 21:00 to 22:00 (1 hour long).
When - Sunday 27th February on BBC 1
Jonathan Ross hosts a special gala event to celebrate the showbusiness career of one of Britain's greatest all-round performers and entertainers - Bruce Forsyth. Stars paying tribute include Ronnie Corbett, Natasha Kaplinsky, Michael Parkinson, Tess Daly, Jimmy Tarbuck, Cliff Richard, Des O'Connor, Sarah, Duchess of York, Lesley Garrett and Rosemarie Ford. Bruce himself entertains with a couple of big band numbers.

NOTE : Features footage of Miss Piggy.

Comedy Connections : Spitting Image
Time - 23:20 to 23:50 (30 minutes long).
When - Monday 28th February on BBC 1 East
The series charting the history of some of the best British comedy programmes examines the satirical puppet show Spitting Image. Including interviews with programme co-creator and caricaturist Peter Fluck, Harry Enfield, Alistair McGowan, producers John Lloyd and Geoffrey Perkins and the man who dreamt up the idea, Martin Lambie-Nairn.

NOTE : May feature footage of The Muppets or an interview from Lousie Gold
I missed "The B*tchiest Ever TV Moments" so nothing to report :frown: .I did tape "Bruce Forsyth: A BAFTA Tribute" which I have not watched it yet (will let you know on that) but I did tape and watched "Comedy Connections : Spitting Image" and I my predictions was right, Louise gave a very quick all new interview about puppeteering and how heavy the puppets were, sadly no Muppet clips however the documentary did show a colour picture of the Muppets from 1981 (with Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo, Fozzie, Animal, Sweetums, a rat and a chicken) :smile:

See ya

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
Saw the Louise Gold Interview

On the Brucie BAFTA tribute thier wasn't a lot of muppet action. They showed Bruce with his fingers up Miss Piggy's nose (TMS), Kermit introducing Bruce (TMS) and Bruce and Piggy singing "Let their me lovee" (Not the TMS Version but more recent - anyonme know where this clip is from?)

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Here's something that you may want to check out :

Greatest Kids' TV Moments
Time - 21:00 (9.00pm).
When - Monday 4th April on five
Richard Bacon presents a definitive countdown of the most memorable moments from kids' TV, as voted for by viewers. Celebrities including Bob Mills and Rik Mayall comment on famous clips, including Margaret Thatcher's appearance on 'Saturday Swapshop' and Janet Ellis's announcement on 'Blue Peter' about the fate of the garden. (Repeat, Subtitles, Stereo)

NOTE The Muppets are featured in this programme when the Star Wars cast guest starred on the show. No cast and crew interviews but quite a few clips from the show

See ya