Uncle Deadly Question

gymkatarules

Reaction score
Hey, folks. I've been reading through episode guide after episode guide and I can't find what I'm looking for...hopefully I'm not crazy and someone can help me out.

Uncle Deadly is also referred to as The Phantom Of The Muppet Show, but no one ever says why. I remember why...when I was a kid, I remember an episode that scared the crap out of me that had Uncle Deadly lurching around the theater and everyone was talking about the creepy phantom that was haunting the theater, etc. It was a particularly spooky episode....BUT I CAN'T FIND IT! Which episode does this take place during? I would be REALLY happy if someone around here knew.

That's all, thank you!

-Chris

muppet_dk

Reaction score
It was on the 1st season episode with Twiggy

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I haven't ever heard of Uncle Deadley having a brother, but since he's an uncle you'd expect him to have at least one nephew or neice. And then that would have to automatically mean he also had brothers or sisters.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
To answer a few things...

1 Uncle Deadly is refered to as "the Phantom of the Muppet Show/Theater" in the Twiggy episode of TMS from the first season (Season 1 Episode 21).
He was killed by the critics in his one and only performance of Shakespeare's Othello. From that day, he vowed not to let anyone perform in this theater.
2 Uncle Deadly has no family in true Muppet cannon, brothers or otherwise.
The only relations he may have are purely fanfictional, his wife Auntie Eleanor from Sara (ReneeLouvier)'s Sadie's Stories being the prime example.
Though you might want to read a short story posted by my own typing in October expanding a bit on Deadly's fictional dragonly relatives.
3 He doesn't necessarily have to have brothers or nephews or nieces to be called an "uncle". It could be that such a familial term is simply part of his name, as his name suggests.

Hope this helps and have a good night.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I haven't ever heard of Uncle Deadley having a brother, but since he's an uncle you'd expect him to have at least one nephew or neice. And then that would have to automatically mean he also had brothers or sisters.
Or he could have been married, and his niece or nephew were related due to marriage.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Um... As far as I know Jeany, Uncle Deadly has no brother. Perhaps you are attempting to identify Blind Pew from Muppet Treasure Island, a character based on the design of Uncle Deadly though having no family relations with the phantom dragon?