Uncle Deadly WILL be in the New Muppet movie!

Mupp

Reaction score
"We want edge" crap
Yeah. As many Disney/Pixar fans know, its that kind of "we want edge" mentality that almost stopped Toy Story from getting made.

"Edginess" can be a very bad thing indeed.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Dark Crystal 2 seems to have a little bit of traction, but yeah...I'll believe it when I see the trailer. Same for "Fraggle Rock the movie". At this point I'd gladly fawn over a 30 minute straight to dvd "movie" or special. Gladly.

It seems like Sid the Science Kid and outside contracted practical/visual work(Where the Wild Things Are, as an example) is
pretty much JHC's main output these days.

I remember like everyone with panties in a bunch whining about Disney buying the Muppets from Disney. Now, I can't even imagine the Muppets being still with them. Talk about a nail in the coffin!
I think Jim Henson is the perfect example of how one person can make a huge difference. He had the magic touch that seems to have been missing with JHC since his death. It wasn't easy for him to get the Muppet Show on the air and he struggled quite a bit, but he persevered and inspired others around him. He assembled the best teams of people and achieved so many remarkable things. Now we mainly hear more hype about projects that never get made. I don't think it's for lack of trying. I think a lot of it is for lack of Jim.

I've always been glad the Muppets finally went to Disney. They are by far my favorite of Jim's creations and Disney will make sure live on stronger than what we've seen over the last two decades.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah. As many Disney/Pixar fans know, its that kind of "we want edge" mentality that almost stopped Toy Story from getting made.
And Katzenberg had his revenge by putting Edge into a ripoff of Finding Nemo. And that turned out well :rolleyes:

I think Jim Henson is the perfect example of how one person can make a huge difference. He had the magic touch that seems to have been missing with JHC since his death. It wasn't easy for him to get the Muppet Show on the air and he struggled quite a bit, but he persevered and inspired others around him. He assembled the best teams of people and achieved so many remarkable things. Now we mainly hear more hype about projects that never get made. I don't think it's for lack of trying. I think a lot of it is for lack of Jim.
And a lack of clarity and focus. I don't give a crap about any late night puppet game shows or CGI DVD movies about Fairy Tales. I want to see them get the Fraggles out there somehow... movie or otherwise. They have their own Youtube channel, and they could learn a LOT from Disney's Muppet viral videos. Have Red go around and talk to people and put it up on YT. Get the other 5 Fraggles (including Matt) built and have them perform short skits online. Do something with them besides comics.

beaker

Reaction score
And Katzenberg had his revenge by putting Edge into a ripoff of Finding Nemo. And that turned out well :rolleyes:

And a lack of clarity and focus. I don't give a crap about any late night puppet game shows or CGI DVD movies about Fairy Tales. I want to see them get the Fraggles out there somehow... movie or otherwise. They have their own Youtube channel, and they could learn a LOT from Disney's Muppet viral videos. Have Red go around and talk to people and put it up on YT. Get the other 5 Fraggles (including Matt) built and have them perform short skits online. Do something with them besides comics.
With JHC, you really just have to...well, just remember the good times. It's like Im disappointed with Mel Gibson. Im saddened with what became of Michael Jackson in his later years. But I rather remember the good times, the golden years. I think JHC realizes that their options are very limited, so theyre just having some fun with the improv puppet stuff and doing what they can visibility and money wise with Sid the Science Kid.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I think I read somewhere that Jason Segal didn't know who Uncle Deadley was until he was shown... Considering his reported fandom, I am surprised. But maybe he didn't know the character by name, because I'm sure many casual fans would have at least recognized him from old group photos. Sure, he was only in nine episodes and in the previous movies he was only burried in large crowd scenes, and I think it was reported that the writers are more familiar with the movies than the show, but it seems many fansites had F.A.Q.s with the question "What's the name of the scary-looking blue monster?", with Uncle Deadley as the answer (never mind the fact that there are many blue monsters).

Walter

Reaction score
From what I have gathered, it looks like Deadly, Waldorf, and Statler are working with Tex Richman. Anyways, I am just glad He is there. I will finally be able to go to DHS and have people actually know who I am talking about X)