Uncle Wally's "non-letter" song?

ISNorden

Reaction score
This sketch has got to be one of the strangest I've seen: Uncle Wally asks a Muppet character (possibly Big Bird, though I may be wrong) to hold a letter "L" while Wally sings. The Muppet takes the letter, and Wally begins a song about himself...no mention of "L" or any other letter, as his partner points out when the music ends. Wally assures him: "Next time I need ya to hold something I'm NOT gonna sing about--I'll let ya know." Self-parody bits are rare on Sesame Street, but this one is priceless IMO.

sesameguy

Reaction score
I remember this one! It was actually Bob who was asked to hold the letter "L" as Uncle Wally sang the song to the viewer. I don't remember all the lyrics, but the refrain was "I'm always Uncle Wally to you." During the song, Bob stood behind Uncle Wally holding the "L" and getting a rather perplexed look on his face. :smile: That's actually one of the few "Uncle Wally" moments that I can remember.

ISNorden

Reaction score
I doubt that any other fan remembers Uncle Wally appearing somewhere else, sesameguy. Although I'm pretty vocal about Sesame Street needing more humans in the cast nowadays, characters as forgettable as Wally (human or Muppet) would waste the producers' time and money.

balana

Reaction score
Actually, I seem to very vaguely remember him neighing as a horse once, I think having a part in a song with more of the cast about animal noises or something.

Then again, maybe it's just my imagination.

nickcoffee12

Reaction score
song

yes he wa neighing like a hores in the song i heard my dog bark

ISNorden

Reaction score
nickcoffee12 said:
yes he was neighing like a horse in the song i heard my dog bark
Yeah, he was one of several humans joining David in that song (I'm pretty sure the leader was David in that scene).

nickcoffee12

Reaction score
sorry i did not mean bob i ment gardon was the leard of the song i heard my dog bark sorry for the mixed up i wasnot thinking clearly

balana

Reaction score
That's it! I don't really remember much about who else sang in it (but I found lyrics here) though that's a song I hadn't thought of in many many years.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
It was Gordon singing and Uncle Wally and the kids making the animal sounds. I think Bob might of joined in but I could be wrong about that.