Uncredited Performances

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
This was great, Newsie! I also didn't notice that several of those guys weren't credited. Now, if I go back and see that Pepe (who apparently got played up and only appeared in a two minute scene) got credit, that would be annoying. :rolleyes:

I'll admit that I actually don't know the names of all of the monsters, with exception to Sweetums (only because he's seriously hard to forget when chasing Muppets across country to Hollywood) and while some of the Muppets looked familiar (like Newsman and Wayne and Wanda) I couldn't recall their names either, but I did remember them (I clearly remember Wayne/Wanda kissing whenever possible, but don't remember an episode in which they did and Newsman immediately made me think of Sesame Street (was he ever on SS too?)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
No, "news: is a TMS character through and through. You're probably thinking of :smile: in his reporter outfit.
BTW: You can find most of those monsters in the third main chaptered story of her Newsie's Stories, which we all hope will be updated soon. :smirk:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------
Ask and ye shall...you know the drill. :smile:

And Ed: Nasubionna's drawing is a recreation of the exact moment when a sobbing Link is told by Scooter that his name HAS been left out of the movie credits! Link is seated, and the hankie in both his hands looks rather drenched, though his ascot is holding up well; he has the poutiest snuffly face you can imagine on a pig (hope those don't give him worry wrinkles). Strangepork is standing just behind him, one hand patting Link's shoulder, though he too looks discomfited at the news. Our fearless Newsman, fresh from a chilly shower in his plain brown knee-length robe and blue fuzzy slippers, with a towel draped over one arm, is glaring with gritted teeth at Scooter, who is popping out from behind him with a wide smile to cheerfully deliver the actual news.

Thanks again to all who read here! And yes -- go review the film for yourself to see who is and isn't listed! There are more than a few surprises -- and yes. Pepe is credited. As is Rizzo, who had nary a line. Disgraceful, saith the neglected reporter...
----------------

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Ru: You know, I never really gave this fic the review that it deserves, so I want to try to rectify that now.
Rizzo: Rectify? She's gonna wreck her review? Why's she gonna do that?
Gonzo: No, silly. She's going to fix her review.
Rizzo: She might have just said so.
Gonzo: She just did.
Rizzo: Well, excuuuse me, Mr. I-played-a-famous writer-so-I-think-I'm-all-that.
Gonzo: Keep your shorts on--er, well, put some shorts on, won't you. That's just the way she talks.
Rizzo: On purpose?
Gonzo: *sigh* I told you you weren't suited for literature.
Ru: Are you two done?
Gonzo: We're done.
Rizzo: Stick a fork in me.
Ru: No thank you.
So, I was writing...

This story was everything a fan story ought to be in so many ways. First of all, it addressed a real issue within the canon. Newsie didn't manufacture a problem for the muppets to solve--there was a problem that need to be rectif--um, fixed. And she set the characters off to fix it with the skills that the characters actually possess.
Newsie's actually a newshound--
Rizzo: I thought he was a people muppet.
Ru: Piggy! I might need you!
Rizzo: Shuttin' up.
Ru: Newsie's actually a newshound, Kermit's actually the leaders of the group (okay, sort of--it's a little like herding cats, I know) and Scooter is really the detail guy. So it was normal to see them interacting the way they, um, would interact if, um--
Gonzo: a woodchuck could chuck wood.
Ru: Piggy! Bring your karate clothes!
Gonzo: I withdraw my latest remark.
Ru: Thank you. So, anyway, that was a definite treat from a fan point of view. I don't have to imagine the main characters doing something that is outlandish and out of character. I just get to watch them, er, read them going about their business in the story. I applaud that.
(looking at Gonzo and Rizzo) You can applaud her now.
Gonzo: Sorry--I'll pay more attention in the future.
Rizzo: Oh! (claps and gives a big wolf whistle)
Gonzo: You are so embarrassing.
Rizzo: Hey--you don't have to tell me how to appreciate a lady!
Ru: The next thing I really liked about this story is that is encompasses a wide variety of genres.
Rizzo: (aside to Gonzo) Sheesh--you weren't kidding. She really does talk, um,I mean write like that.
Gonzo: Told you.
Ru: There was mystery! There was adventure! There was romance! There was sobbing into a hanky!
Rizzo: Yeah--Link is like that for sure.
Ru: And when the muppets interacted with real people, they also seemed reasonably like their real selves. (I did rather like the whole phone-in-the-pool thing.) I loved the fact that Newsie is given the professional courtesy he deserves from other newsmen/commentators. He's spent a lot of time in his profession, a lot of time in front of the camera (and under a lot of falling objects) and he was probably the first newscaster some of today's reporters ever saw. He's entitled to deference and respect from his peers, and it thrilled me to see him stand shoulder to shoulder...er, um, microphone to microphone with people who are currently bringing news into households around the world. I'll bet he felt five feet tall!
Gonzo: Was that a muppet joke? Felt five feet tall? Cause usually I sortof enjoy your puns but that one was a little tasteless.
Ru: Oh! Um, that one was unintentional. Sorry.
Gonzo: S'okay. Go on.
Ru: (shuffles notes) Um, I loved that when the problem was resolved--or at least definitively acknowledged--
Rizzo: Good grief. What is she--an English teacher?
Gonzo: Not yet. But she's working on it.
Ru: (ahem) then the answer ALSO came from something inside the canon, something we all saw in the movie but didn't realize the significance of. That was marvelous story-telling within the existing stories that we already have. As all of you who write here (and read here) know, it is challenging to work within someone else's framework without distorting the things we "know" about the characters. I think Newsie (Kris) did a superlative--
Rizzo: Awesome.
Gonzo: Spectacular.
Ru: --job not only knitting this story into being, but weaving it around what we already know and love.
Gonzo: See--I liked that metaphor. Very colorful.
Rizzo: (snickering) Ru--using colorful metaphors! hahahahaha
Ru: And as a fan, I appreciate the hours of work that went into, um, helping Newsie document all the muppets who were accidentally left out of the latest movie. This wasn't just a good read--it was the right thing to do.
Good job, sweetie! Thanks for all the hard work!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------
ow.

:news: Ow? Isn't that usually MY line?

Uh...yeah. But I think I just strained something laughing so hard while trying to keep silent in the library.

:news: You could've run outside to laugh.

I wouldn't have made it in time. Giggles all over their nice carpets. Not pretty.
And Rizzo... er... thanks? Guys of any species usually don't whistle at me, so that was...um...different.

THANK YOU Ru for such a detailed critique! The litgeek in me is unbearably happy.

:news: *scowl* See? I KNEW Sam was right! You laugh too much, you get a permanent rictus! *pulls out notepad, writes hastily* face...frozen...grin...

Don't make me tickle you. 'Cause I will.
----------------