Uncut MFC is on my Christmas list

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Hi, folks,

Like many others, I am looking for an uncut Muppet Family Christmas. This means all the songs, plus the scene where Ma Bear hangs up Fozzie's stockings. I need a copy that will be able to play on an American VCR (and similarly, I can only trade back an American VHS tape). If anyone can PLEASE help me out, I would greatly appreciate it. I do have a lot of Muppet stuff on tape, including a few rare items, so we can probably work out a good trade. Please e-mail me by clicking the link below or by sending me an e-mail at tomh1138@hotmail.com.

Thanks,

stgebaby

Reaction score
mfc

i have the original, but it is taped from tv. it has commercials in it (they are pretty funny too). let me know if you want it and what you have to trade. be forewarned i can't actually get to it until a week from thurs (it is at home, i'm at school). email if interested.

stgebaby@aol.com

Wondercharlie

Reaction score
HI IT'S CHARLIE.
i own the mfc from the mid-90's release (VHS). But lo and behold I went to Wal-Mart last sunday and I saw a freestanding video display with christmas movies. I saw the dvd and the vhs MFC new editions the vhs was 9.99 and the dvd was 14.99.
:big_grin:

stgebaby

Reaction score
mfc

the video/dvd releases have scenes cut from them, that is why everyone is always looking for the unedited copy.

Wondercharlie

Reaction score
HI
i guess i lucked out . i went to wal-mar to check the box on the 2002 release and it says: running time 42 minutes. however my 1995 version says running time : 47 minutes. which one is the right one? i scanned the cover of the one i have .where can i post it?
charlie.
(i really would pay or trade for a copy of the andie mcdowell and gary cahuenga muppets tonight episodes from 1997).

help:big_grin:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This special has been released to video three times in the US and Canada: 1994 by Disney, 1998 by Columbia Tri-Star, and 2001 by Columbia Tri-Star on DVD. The total running time of the video release is 42 minutes and 16 seconds (with Disney's opening logo on the 1994 version) and 42 minutes and 6 seconds (with the opening logo on Columbia's 1998 and 2001 releases). Some think that the 1994 Disney release is longer due to the running time listed on the back of the video at 47 minutes, however, this time includes the Disney promos shown at the beginning of the tape.

In comparison, the original unedited special had a running time of 47 minutes and 59 seconds. The red "A Muppet Family Christmas" logo seen at the beginning was added later for the video release. In the original, the red logo is seen over Ma Bear's farmhouse at the end of the song "We Need a Little Christmas". This brief musical interlude is edited from the video releases.

For more info on the edits, check out our FAQ...

http://www.muppetcentral.com/help/faq/collectibles.shtml#9

Wondercharlie

Reaction score
Moving right along....

This is charlie , I found this on tv guide .com. Is This the real muppet family christmas...:smile:
6:00 PM Channel 12 HALMRK Sunday, 22

Muppet Family Christmas
60 min.
Fozzie Bear takes the Muppet gang to his mother's farm for a Christmas Eve celebration of song, laughter and good cheer. But all is not merry when Miss Piggy gets caught in a horrible blizzard en route to the party. Muppet creator Jim Henson has a cameo. (VCR Plus+ 1248416)

Category: Children, Specialty & Other
Release Year: 1987

Additional Airings
Date Time Channel VCR Plus+
Sunday, 15 1:00 PM 12 HALMRK 9545888

??????????????
Happy Holiday...Wacca Wacca

Chilly Down

Reaction score
I don't have the Hallmark Channel, but for those who do, set your VCRs! Not sure if this will be 100% complete, but at least there shouldn't be the rights issue on the songs.

Wondercharlie

Reaction score
EMMET OTTER TOO

HI IT'S CHARLIE AGAIN...

I FOUND THIS TOO ON TVGUIDE.COM
:big_grin:
1:00 PM Channel 12 HALMRK Sunday, 22

Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas
60 min.
In a charming Jim Henson tale, Emett and his pals form a band and enter a talent show to win Christmas money, unaware that Emett's mom and a showy rock band are among the competitors. Emmet and his widowed ma have a lot riding on the event: they used each other's most prized possession as a means of entering the contest. He poked a hole in her washtub; and she hocked his tool chest to buy material for a new dress to wear to the show. Featured: the music of Paul Williams. Based on the book by Russell and Lillian Hoban. (VCR Plus+ 5648272)

Category: Children, Specialty & Other
Director: Jim Henson
Release Year: 1977

ENJOY...WACCA WACCA:eek: