Under the Mistletoe

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
I've been getting good ideas for my story from reading the junior noval of the Muppet movie. So I apologize to all those who are reading this and I haven't added anything for a while. No I haven't seen the movie yet, may lightning strike me. :sigh::smile:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
---------------
Uh oh. Hope they get Sweetums as official Wedding Bouncer to keep the paparazzi away and let only us legitimate journalists in!

Not much of a clothing buff (no pun intended) but the dress looks loverly!

Keep going Figgie!
----------------------

We Got Us

Reaction score
---------------
Uh oh. Hope they get Sweetums as official Wedding Bouncer to keep the paparazzi away and let only us legitimate journalists in!

Not much of a clothing buff (no pun intended) but the dress looks loverly!

Keep going Figgie!
----------------------
Is now an official fan of newsman fan. Which I guess makes me a fan of both newsman and newsmanfan. Considering it's logical to assume that since newsmanfan's name is newsmanfan, she is a fan of newsman. So therefore, being a fan of newsmanfan automatically makes me a fan of newsman. Which I was already, so I digress. :wink: Great story, huh? We're still waiting for more....Figgie....

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
Oh my!!! I am so very sorry! I had finished writing a very nice long chapter when this computer crashed!!! So please assecpt me sincere apology!!

Chapter 11: Believe

Kermit placed his cell phone on the table, an extra hop was in his step as he walked towards his closet. Turning around he noticed Robin standing in in the doorway, an icepack was placed over his left eye.
"Robin?!" Kermit exclaimed. Rushing over to his nephew, Kermit gently removed the ice pack from Robin's eye. As he did so, both uncle and nephew winced. Robin's eye was swollen shut completely and was oozing a liquid best not described.
"Robin, What happened to you?" Kermit's voiec was stricken with worry. He had never thought of Robin to be the kind of frogling to pick fights.
"It was all Bobby's fault!" Robin explained.
"The boy down the street?" Kermit asked. Frowning, he placed a patch with disinfectant on the oozing eye. Robin yelped as the disinfectant cleaned out his wound. Nodding yes to Kermit's question, he continued his story.
"Bobby and I were talkin' about Christmas and I asked him what he wanted Santa to bring him." Robin's voice started to tremble. "He looked at me funny and told me Santa wasn't real!" Robin started to yell, venting his frustration in the only way he knew how. "So I-I pushed him and told him to not mess around. He started to call me names and said I was being childish, he pushed me back harder and laughed. I couldn't take it anymore so I punched him, he fell down and dragged me down too." Great big tears started to fall down Robin's face. "We started to fight and he punched me in the eye. I pulled him off me and walked away." Robin finished. Kermit pulled his only nephew close and hugged him tightly.
"Uncle Kermit?" Robin's voice reached Kermit's aural organ's. Looking down at Robin's young face, Kermit smiled warmly.
"Do you believe in Santa Claus? I mean, he is real, isn't he?" Robin's voice sounded so heartbreakingly hopeful, Kermit didn't know what to do. He stared at anything but Robin's hopeful face, speechless. Finally facing the inevitable, Kermit turned to his young nephew and answered his question with another question.
"Do you believe in Santa?" He asked firmly, looking directly into Robin's eyes, er, eye. Robin sat for moment, thinking deeply. Looking back at his uncle, he smiled and nodded.
"Then it doesn't matter what I think, or even the rest of the world! What matters is what you believe in." Kermit's frin matched his nephew's. "And don't ever let anyone tell you different." Robin hugged his uncle even harder.
"Thanks, Uncle Kermit." Robin's voice was muffled a little as he spoke.
"But," Kermit frowned a little. "That doesn't mean you can go around punching people when they disagree." Robin smiled a little sheepishly as this was said.
"Now hop off." kermit set his nephew on the floor. "I've got to get ready for a date." Grinning, Robin scampered to his room.
xXx​
Standing outside Piggy's house with a bouquet of roses, Kermit rang the doorbell. He immediately sensed something was wrong when there was no answer. Carefully opening the door, he walked in.​
"Piggy?" Kermit called into the seemingly empty house. Soft sobbing could be heard upstairs. Rushing to Piggy's room, Kermit found Piggy sitting on the bed crying. All around her were shredded papers, magazines, and photos. Picking up a magazine, Kermit skimmed through half of a page. Burning with rage, it slipped from his fingers unoticed. Keeping a calm expression, Kermit walked over to where Piggy sat. Placing a slim green hand on her shoulder, he pulled her close. Suddenly, Piggy's hand reached out and flipped him head over flippers onto the ground.​
"Don't touch me you thei- Kermie? Kermit! Oh, moi is so sorry!" She started to dust a thoroughly shaken Kermit off.​
"Piggy? Are you okay?" Kermit's voice wavered as his earlier shock wore off.​
"Um. Moi is fine! Perfect. I just got busy and didn't notice the time!" kermit looked at the scattered papers around the room. Piggy also noticed and started to lead Kermit to the door.​
"Sorry the room's a mess, the cleaning lady is late today!" Piggy's chirpy voice was false, and both knew it. Digging his heels into the carpet, Kermit turned to face Piggy.​
"You are not okay." Kermit emphasized the not part. Piggy's eyes began to fill tears but she quickly wiped them away.​
"Moi doesn't know what vous is talking about!" she sniffed turning away. Kermit walked around to face her, only to have Piggy look away.​
"Piggy." kermit breathed, lifting her chin to face him.​
"Oh, Kermit." She cried, digging her face into his shirt. Rubbing her back he guided her to the bed.​
"You know I love you, right?" he murmerd into her neck. Piggy barely nodded.​
"And you love me?" he prodded, slightly smiling. Piggy looked up and smiled a little as well.​
"Would moi be marrying you if she did not?" She quipped teasingly.​
"Then to hey with the rest of the world." Kermit said ferociously. Piggy giggled and lied back on the bed. Kermit watched her appreciatively.​
"Are you seducing me, Miss Piggy." Kermit asked teasingly.​
"Is it working, Mon Capitan?" she asked lightly. Shaking his head, Kermit started to answer, only to be interrupted by a throng of voices singing carols. Looking out the window, Kermit chuckled and motioned Piggy over. Outside on the porch, all of the Muppets were singing Christmas carols. Opening the front door, both Piggy and Kermit were met with singing voices....​

That's all I have for now, Hope it's enough!! Thanks to newsmanfan for reviewing! I always enjoy hearing from you. And Wigitus? This chapter is for you sweetie! Please review on my ush gush!!:smile::sing:

We Got Us

Reaction score
Figgie!!! FIGGIE!! As Boober said: "Oh so you didn't die in the night!" SSSSOO glad to see you writing again, we all missed you SSSOOO much!! And before I gush about the ish-guhs.....
" Robin?!" Kermit exclaimed. Rushing over to his nephew, Kermit gently removed the ice pack from Robin's eye. As he did so, both uncle and nephew winced. Robin's eye was swollen shut completely and was oozing a liquid best not described.
That....is simply not fair. As I've been telling Miss Lisa--Robin is off-limits: %100 authentic, bona-fide, incredibly and absolutely DARLING!! I'm here reading and reviewing this in a room full of people that now want to know what in the world I just squealed about. :wink: Great stuff, way to pull the maternal-heart-strings!! And Robin, keep believing, keep pretending!!
Then there's this:
"Piggy?" Kermit called into the seemingly empty house. Soft sobbing could be heard upstairs. Rushing to Piggy's room, Kermit found Piggy sitting on the bed crying. All around her were shredded papers, magazines, and photos.
If those durn reporters (not Newsie of course! He's legit!) don't leave that gorgeous diva alone, heads will roll. Poor girl!! But Kermit comforting her is sweet: simple, but he always knows what to say. Bottome line: I love it!! Yet again!! OH how I missed you Fig!! Merry Christmas!!!!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------
Yikes. Robin STARTED the fight? He hit first?? Uh...goodness. I think a talking-to harder than "that's not nice" from Uncle Kermit is in order! I could see Robin becoming upset enough to fight BACK, but...striking first? That's not good. Hope Kermit deals with this a bit more firmly. :sympathy:

I very much like Kermit's soothing of poor distracted Piggy, though. That frog reads her like a lilypad. That scene was quite well done! You seem to have the frog/pig dynamic down well; keep at it! :smile:
------------------

We Got Us

Reaction score
-------------
Yikes. Robin STARTED the fight? He hit first?? Uh...goodness. I think a talking-to harder than "that's not nice" from Uncle Kermit is in order! I could see Robin becoming upset enough to fight BACK, but...striking first? That's not good. Hope Kermit deals with this a bit more firmly. :sympathy:
------------------
:sigh: Ok, he has a point. My maternal kick-anyone-who-hits-Robin-in-the-shins got the better of me there. Newsie is obviously a much better parent then I'll ever be.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------
Yeek. Offspring? ME? Ack...never!

I just felt that was a bit of a strong reaction on Robin's part. I mean, the teen years are brain-chemically odd, sure...but do young frogs have testosterone?? Frogesterone? Hmmm... :smile:

I'm not complaining. Keep going Figgie, please!
--------------

We Got Us

Reaction score
I mean, the teen years are brain-chemically odd, sure...but do young frogs have testosterone?? Frogesterone?
Robin's a teenager? Woah, missed that somehow. Oh yes, and we're so not complaining, just pointing something out in the way of helpful character tips...or you know, wanting you hurry up and write more really, really soon! :wink: