Under The Umbrella Tree

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
I only vaguely remember this show, back when Disney Channel first became included in our basic cable package. I really loved Disney Channel back then, they showed all sorts of great shows and old movies and Vault Disney was the greatest.

I also have more vivid memories of watching Dumbo's Circus and Adventures in Wonderland, and none other than John Lovelady did some puppeteering on both shows.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
That's the connection I was thinking of! I had seen John Lovelady when I was looking up Adventures In Wonderland. I didn't know Dumbo's circus was puppetry!
I believe that Under the Umbrella Tree is on DVD, though I can't be sure, as I can't seem to get my hands on them. I think I saw some reviews online somewhere though.

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
Well, most of Dumbo's Circus was full-body characters, but I do remember some hand puppets.

Teheheman

Reaction score
OMG, do you realize how old I feel right now? I remember those shows, especially UTUT and Dumbo's Circus. Even the theme song to Dumbo's Circus(I do remember a little bit, the theme music to Under the Umbrella Tree. Those episodes should be on Nick Jr. or have a network kinda like Boomerang where they show old kiddie shows like those 2 or Eureka's Castle, and Amanda's room(or whatever it was called that was on Nick Jr.) Oh, the Sharon, Lois and Bram show!!!!! God, I better stop before I show my age.

Daniel

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
Hey, it's okay to feel old. :cool:

I agree, I would love to see those old shows again. Eureeka's Castle was one of my absolute favorites (Brian Muehl was a puppeteer on that show).

Do you mean Allegra's Window? Kathy Mullen and Marty Robinson were puppeteers on that one.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I liked all those shows too!:smile: But I have never seen Dombo's cercous before, but I know what it is.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I used to watch Dumbo's cirus, and Pooh Corner (which had the same full-bodied puppet characters). And Under the Umbrella Tree was one of my favorite shows, I watched it all the time.

There's nothing wrong with feeling old when you're entertainment was the best! :smile: