Underneath Disneyland; Mickey's Shadow Side

beaker

Reaction score
Underneath Disneyland; Mickey's Shadow Side
(AKA Things you wont hear discussed on Laughingplace.com)

Now we have seen a lot of Disney bashing on here. I mean there is a kind of anti Disney sentiment here, but why?

Hey, just because the Diz has kept hush hush about theme park death tolls("The happinest place on earth!"...except for those grieving families:wink:), third world merchandise enslavement camps, child choking fatalities, endless idea ripoffs, handicap employment harassment, and other forms of exploitation...
I still give mad props to the mouse!

I mean sure paying off all those lawyers on retainers and the media is easy when you got parents blindly paying money for endless cheapquels and ever rising theme park costs.
Surely Than Thuk in Malasia can afford his kid a goofy doll
after working all day for 50 cents right?(well, that is after factory wound hospital bills)

I mean who else can keep secret the underground activities of ol walt and club 33?

Not to mention the ultimate hidden mickey the FBI is still investigating underneath Walt Disney World.

Ok, so things arent as kosher at the Magic Kingdom as the diz would like you to believe, but all in all you gotta hand it to the mouse messiah. Now that is good public relations!

Of course, but whose counting?
(surely not the frescos of 14th century Malta)

"Underneath Disneyland; that's where you'll find the real thing my friend...Mickey's shadow side"
-Steven Webber, Late Last Night(1999, vhs)

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
I'm going to second that :rolleyes: . I'd like some hard proof of your accusations also Cor. In Disney's case I choose to see what they show me. If there is a seathing underbelly, it is well concealed. And I for one am happy that way. I will always be a Disney nut. :smile: Now, I must go comfort Byron...he's all flustered...:big_grin:

-Matt

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
You have just described all company and theme park practices throught the country and in others. Disney's no saint, but they are no minority in such corporate dealings. And then the report got downright goofy toward the end (pun intended). :rolleyes:

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock
In Disney's case I choose to see what they show me. If there is a seathing underbelly, it is well concealed. And I for one am happy that way.
Well, we all choose to see what we wanna see:wink:
Anyways, relax guys. It's just a joke kids. I see this staunch hardcore relgious blind zealousy for the Diz, which is kind of amusing. I just like to do satiracle takes, bending fact from fiction(well, sadly I wish most of that was fiction...but hey, zeig heil to the fuher mouse with blind allegience!)

Anyhoo, hope ya guys didnt take to much offense to my little thread here...it's just a satiracle look at the whole shabang.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
I just get sensitive when people act like Disney is the only company who's ever done somethin' "out of perfection".

Like when Animal Kingdom opened---there were all sorts of protestors with signs and stuff there.

How many zoos do you see that have to put up with that? I've never heard of any.

But boy oh boy, DISNEY wants to house some animals, and "Oh my God---that's HORRENDOUS!! :eek: "

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yeah, uh-huh---nevermind the fact that the animals there have a LOT more room than any zoo could give 'em, and they're probably extremely well cared for...

Like I said,

:rolleyes:

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
And then the report got downright goofy toward the end (pun intended). :rolleyes:
Well, sadly that was the only factoid I had to take liberties on:wink:
But hey, I love the mouse...How can ya beat the black Magic Kingdom?

Byron:>>>>Yeah, uh-huh---nevermind the fact that the animals there have a LOT more room than any zoo could give 'em, and they're probably very well cared for...<<<

That, and the Diz has a great same sex package benefit...how many big corporations recognize gay unions like that?
Very forward thinking.

Luke

Reaction score
Well um Cory's right that Disney isn't whiter than white, but then yeah so's Jamie when he says that they aren't the only ones. All of these big multinational corporations are usually crooked in some way, sometimes they've just fiddled the accounting all these years, other times they are involved in drugs or arms/weapons supply and dealing, other times they've been turning a blind eye to third world practices. McD's is (allegedly) another one where there's a lot more than meets the eye.

But Cory, that post was highly libellous, you better hope that Diz aren't watching us already babe or they'll throw your butt in the slammer ....... that's the one hidden under Muppetvision 3D ! :big_grin:

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Byron:>>>>Yeah, uh-huh---nevermind the fact that the animals there have a LOT more room than any zoo could give 'em, and they're probably very well cared for...<<<

That, and the Diz has a great same sex package benefit...
I just hope that doesn't infer what I took it as when I first read it.

Overall I just want to add another :rolleyes: to the pile.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke

But Cory, that post was highly libellous, you better hope that Diz aren't watching us already babe or they'll throw your butt in the slammer ....... that's the one hidden under Muppetvision 3D ! :big_grin:
I welcome to Mouse gestapo...I no longer feel constrained to hold my tongue on anything...let the wolves run free I say.

RadioNate:>>>I just hope that doesn't infer what I took it as when I first read it.
Overall I just want to add another to the pile.<<<

What it meant was that with all their faults the Diz does have some pretty good things about them...youa re for same sex union rights right? How you took that post to mean anything than what I said is just a reflection.

Finally, since everyone wants to be blind sheep, here is my response to people blindly defending the mouse:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: