Unemployment is now 7.6%

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah I mean, perhaps real change doesn't happen with just one new President. :wisdom:
Yeah, it's not just him. It's bigger them him. I mean its the why the whole system is set up. People in Washington were laughing at the whole change thing right as Obama and saying it would be just business as usual. They were right.

Well that all changed yesterday when on the news they said that Wal mart laid off at least 700 people at the Home Office. It's only a matter of time before the layoffs will trinkle down to us cashiers. I know of several single mom's trying to make it with a wal mart pay check every week. Not to mention I have four of my own.
Yeah man. I mean General Motors is about to lay off some ten thousand white collar workers. So it's going to get woese before it gets better.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I need a backup plan, and so im going to try and learn a trade. If i can at least get started learning something if i get laied off i will have something to fall back on.
I think that's a good idea. Like I said, you do what you have to do (legally of course hehe).

I think we almost need something like what happend in the 20's to get people back to beleve in America once again. It is truly a time to come together and roll up our sleves and invest in America.
Yeah I mean I don't wish for a depression but I do think people have become too complacent.

Drtooth

Reaction score
They have no reason to do that, until and unless it makes them money.
As I was saying, I'd like them to use the money they use to pay off PR agents and advertising execs to say they're doing it. They have all these big, polished commercials and advertisements saying they're researching, and I doubt they spend a penny to the advertising dollar doing just that. And considering the gas hikes this past summer helped really trigger the recession. Yeah, credit crisis and all that... but it was the cutting back this summer, and the poor sales of back to school supplies that was the match that lit the powder keg.

I still think the US should tax the living crap out of them. They need to be punished. Their Neo-Con gravy Train is OVER. I have no real problem with traditional conservatives... but these Alex P. Keaton style Neo-Cons... they just want their taxes low, and they don't care whose feet they have to step on to get it.

And yes, low taxes isn't bad. Nothing wrong with cutting taxes. But they cut them irresponsibly the past 8 years, and all the money needed to fund the Iraq and Afgani wars was borrowed from China. We gave them OUR jobs and we owe them money for an inadvisable war we didn't need to fight in the first place. Face it, learn your Mandarin. If things keep going the way they've been going, we're New China. I do have faith this new guy's gonna try to stop it. But it's not all up to him.

And yes, a president can't really fix everything. it's not up to him. But when you see who it's up to, you'll really be in despair.