1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Unpainted Series 2 pix

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by GWGumby, Aug 5, 2002.

1. GWGumby

GWGumby New Member

http://66.221.124.161/g/?mode=album&album=2002 SDCC/Muppets/Day 5

Pictures from the Con of series 2 unpainted in front of packaged prototypes including accessories.

Looks like they fixed Floyd's moustache and turned it back into more of the lambchop feel it's supposed to have. Thank goodness.

Still no images of "wild hair" animal, though.
  2. Louis Kazagger

Louis Kazagger New Member

Yeah, wow, that's a big difference on Floyd's mustache! The pic of Floyd is a good closeup, and you can see the packaged "PPS sample" of Floyd in the background which wasn't approved, signed by Ken Lilly. *Sigh* I would have loved to bid on that disapproved PPS set they auctioned off.
  3. Louis Kazagger

It really, really bugs me that they made Floyd right handed. I know Ken said they had no reference from Henson, so they decided to make Floyd a righty and Janice a lefty, to give the band and the Mayhem playset balance. But every episode that I've watched has Floyd playing lefty, while Janice has flipped back and forth. Everytime I watch a Muppet Show episode and see Floyd play his guitar, all I can think about is the figs inaccuracy. Maybe that'll help me get over it now. :(
  4. Lorde Pompeo

Lorde Pompeo New Member

That means that the unpainted versions are going to be released instead of te painted ones? I prefer Unpainted Floyd's Mustache...
  5. Louis Kazagger

Yes, the unpainted version should be the approved release. If you look at the picture, Ken has signed "Lilly" and disapproved the packaged sample. Also, the unpainted prototype morea accurately represents the picture of the Floyd puppet, so I'm sure it was easy for Palisades/Henson to order the reworking of the figure.
  6. Jackie

Jackie New Member

So does that mean Floyd will be left handed? I love Floyd! :)
  7. Louis Kazagger

Nope, no change there. Floyd is a righty and Janice is a lefty. Done deal. :(
  8. CheckChuck

CheckChuck New Member

left-right

I once read or heard why the band members were all left-handed on the show, but I don't remember the explanation. Does anybody know?

Otherwise all the musical and musician detail on the Muppet Show was dead-on...
  9. Jackie

Jackie New Member

They are left handed because the Puppeteers are right handed and their right hand is in the muppet head so they use their left hand to work things like instruments and such :)