"Unpaved" isn't coming back, Big Bird

ssetta

Reaction score
SesameMike said:
(Screen shows "News Flash" graphic with lightning and stars. Music and Morse Code combination is heard.)

ANNOUNCER: And now we bring you Kermit the Frog with a breaking news bulletin.

(Screen fades to Kermit in a room with a large TV screen and a bunch of assorted Muppets. A window suggests its night time with a moon out.)

KERMIT: (to the others) ...so you see this is a flat-screen plasma TV. It must have taken a lot of plasma donors to... What's that? We're on camera? Why the heck doesn't someone ever cue me before the blasted red light comes on for a change.

KERMIT: (to the camera) Ha..h.h.h. Hi-ho, this is Kermit the Frog here, and I'm here about to watch some TV. But this is no ordinary TV, you see it has something called "digital cable", which means it has Noggin. Now you see, Noggin is a...

MUPPET #1: (interrupts) A noggin is a name for your head, right frog? (knocks on Kermit's head)

KERMIT: No, no. Noggin is a channel on digital cable channel that shows... (camera turns to clock on the wall, shows 3 minutes to 1:00) Oh wait, it's almost 1:00 in the morning, time to watch Sesame Street Unpaved. This is a great show! It shows me on Sesame Street from many years ago. Like the time I crashed a Twiddlebug party. Or when I built a Rube Goldberg machine with a sandbag and a see-saw to turn on the radio. Or even the time I tricked Grover into climbing a flight of stairs that was so high it traversed cumulus clouds...

GROVER: (distant voice, off-camera) That was not funny, you know.

KERMIT: It was when I took the elevator. But now we can see all these again right on Unpaved. So let's turn on the TV. Uhh, someone hand me the remote. (Anything Muppet hands him one. Presses button, we hear a faint roaring sound) No no, that one opens the garage door. (Kermit is handed another remote. Jazzy music plays, then stops) Uh, no, that turns on the CD player (another remote, we hear a toilet flush sound) Wait, that's not it either (another remote, turns on the TV with channel 255 onscreen) OK, here we are.

(an inane cartoon runs onscreen. Muppets start chattering disapprovingly)

KERMIT: (makes his scrunched-up face) Hmmm, something doesn't appear to be, correct here. (presses channel recall button, number appears in corner of screen) We're on the right channel. 1 a.m. is supposed to be when Sesame Street Unpaved is on. HEY, ANYONE GOT THE TV GUIDE. (an avalanche of magazines is thrown at him) Let's see this thing... it looks like, Sesame Street Unpaved... has been paved over. There's gotta be some mistake. How are we gonna see the time I made a machine with a plate of cookies, 3 levers, a mallot, and a waterspout to see how smart Cookie Monster was. Or the time Bob brought me a bullfrog and I told him about fried chicken and pizza and how mudholes made your floors filthy and uh... I WANNA TALK TO SOMEONE FROM NOGGIN.

(Beautiful Day Monster appears in a suit and tie)

BDM: You looking for me frog? I'm da programming director from Nickelodeon.

KERMIT: You bet I do, mister. You gotta talk to your master controller. I turn on the TV to watch Unpaved, and all I get is this nonsense. (motions at inane cartoon onscreen) There must have been a mixup in your tape library.

BDM: Uh-uh. Look at your TV GUIDE again. Sesame Street Unpaved CANCELLED.

KERMIT: B-But, you can't cancel Unpaved!

BDM: You can when da ratings drop and sales of Elmo doll skyrocket. And now I gonna cancel YOU!

(Beautiful Day Monster chases Kermit around room, as other Muppets cheer either side on)

KERMIT: Hey, watch the microphone cord. And that TV set is rented, watch it. Uhhh, this is Kermit the Frog returning you to your regularly scheduled program.
Lol! It's sad, but humorous. :cry:

SCOOTER_101

Reaction score
I know this thread is old but here's my idea for one

The Amazing Mumford is at his house and it's late at night

Mumford: Oh boy, I just can't sleep. I think I'll watch some late night TV, it's been years since Iv'e done that. I know, I'll watch Sesame Street Unpaved it's been years since Iv'e watched that! Well let me turn on the TV.

Grover walks in Mumford's Apartment without knocking

Grover: Hey..... Mumfy baby..................

Mumford: Grover! What are you doing here at this hour.

Grover: Oh Mumfy I simply couldn't sleep, I was tossing and turning and tossing, and I thought mabye you might be able to do some magic trick that will put me to sleep.

Mumford: Well Grover mabye later, right now I'm going to Watch Sesame Street Unpaved.

Grover: Sesame Street Unpaved! Oh Boy! I love that show. Oh Mumfy can I stay and watch it with you?

Mumford: Okay Grover, as long as your'e quiet and don't bother me while it's on, and keep your voice down cause the neighbors are sleeping.

Grover: Of Course Mumfy, my lips are Sealed.

Mumford turns on the TV and Unpaved is not on.

Mumford: I don't believe this! They no longer air Sesame Street Unpaved! Why theyv'e canceled it! How can this be?

Grover: Oh Mumfy this is HORRIBLE! Now I'll never be able to see the time you turned me into a Rabbit, or the Time you did that Subtraction trick with the Pineapples with me. Or the time you made me think you made a Carrot Disapear and you just ate it. Oh I am so sad now. (Grover starts to cry)

Mumford: Calm Down Grover calm down, they don't call me The Amazing Mumford for nothing. Stand Back!

Grover: What are you going to do?

Mumford: I am going to make Sesame Street Unpaved come BACK on the air.

Grover: Oh Boy!

Mumford: I will wave my magic wand and say the Magic Words. Ala Peanut Butter Sandwiches!

A puff of smoke appears and Sesame Street Unpaved is still not on TV, however Grover looks like the brown Colored Monster he was back in 1969.

Mumford: ah well it didn't work Grover, it looks as if...... Grover! What happened to you?

Grover: The name is not Grover! I am an Annoynoumous Sesame Street Monster who has not been named yet.

Mumford: Uh oh! Iv'e done it again.

Grover: Done what again?

Mumford: Nevermind Grover, hold on a second.

Grover: The name is not Grover, and where am I anyways?

Mumford: Hold on Mr. Monster, I'm going to send you back to 1969 where you belong. Ala Peanut Butter Sandwiches!

The Monster does not disapear instead The Orange Oscar the original Ernie and Bert, The Original Big Bird, and a Bunch of Hippie Muppets appear in Mumford's Livingroom.

Mumford: Hey, I might not be able to watch Unpaved anymore. But this is much better.

Mumford turns a tape player on and Manah Manah plays and they all start dancing.

The End

Erine81981

Reaction score
Ok time for me to get in on the skits of SSU.

Its around 12:50 in the morning and The Count couldn't sleep so he gets up to watch some tv.

Count: Hmmmm vhat to watch? Three's Company? Six Feet Under? Sixty Minutes? Oh wait I know vhat to watch. Sesame Street Unpaved. I can see all my favoirte times in my castle.

*turns on channel*

Count: Hmmmm seems that its not yet. *looks at clock* Its 1:00. It should be on. Wonder vhats wrong?

*some bats fly in*

Bat #1: Whats wrong Count?

Count: No Sesame Street Unpaved.

Bat # 2: They canceled it.

Count: Did you know that?

Bat # 2: Yep.

Count: Why didn't you tell me. I'm devwstated.

Bat # 1: He didn't want to go back to be counted again. Like when you tricked us in to counting you and theres only 1 you.

Count: Oh I do rememeber that. That was 1, one great time.

Bat # 3: That wasn't great. You tricked us. We don't ever get to count anything.

Count: You know. How about I let ya'll count how many sesame street unpaved shows is on?

Bat # 2: But theres 0 shows on.

Count: Thats right. Now to count ya'll. 1 bat, 2 bats, 3 bats, four bats...*lighting and thundering* Aha ha ha ha ha ha ha.....at least I still have ya'll to count.

Bat # 2: We've been tricked again.

Dantecat

Reaction score
Well Boober Gorg,They're still making it to be fun. So,What's wrong with that?

Clean Glutch

Reaction score
Is Sesame Street on Noggin at all anymore? I havent been able to watch Noggin for a while because my aunt has it and i havent been to her house.

ssetta

Reaction score
Yes, they do show episodes from Season 31 (2000).