Unpaved or Non-Unpaved Episodes

prickle747

Reaction score
This may be hard for most of us to do,please share your memories from your most favorite episode either unpaved or non-unpaved

ok here's mine,very hard to choose # 2282 (PBS)

the sketches they aired on here i have not seen in over 25 years & must say was very pleased to get.

e & b sketches
before & after (eating cookies from the tin)
ernie removes H items from inside the TV
grover demonstrates 'one way'
the whole episode was awesome,it featured Dr. Nobel Price new invention

Please post your favorite !!! :smile:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
just about any episode from the 1st 5 years of SS is the best. not only seeing clips that haven't been seen in a long time. but seeing how it the set was like, the street was streight instead of curving when passing the apartment, while i kind of knew there were originally 4 regulars, i didn't know about Raffael, Molly, or Tom. i did learn about Gordon being playewd by someone else not long before Noggin airing the reruns though didn't know that there were 2 prior to Orman taking over.

Don_Music_2004

Reaction score
Favorite Unpaved ep: #666 from 1974 because of the Old charachters on the street all at once. Ernie Bert Herry Count what have been good if they had Sam the Robot in that episode. He could have been in the La de da dum sing along, that would have worked wouldn't it of?

Favorite Non Unpaved ep episode #2107 Bernie the repair man fixes Oscar's Piano. This has some good Rare sketches like one with Don Music trying to sing the Sesame Street theme.

mikealan

Reaction score
prickle747 said:
This may be hard for most of us to do,please share your memories from your most favorite episode either unpaved or non-unpaved

ok here's mine,very hard to choose # 2282 (PBS)

the sketches they aired on here i have not seen in over 25 years & must say was very pleased to get.

e & b sketches
before & after (eating cookies from the tin)
ernie removes H items from inside the TV
grover demonstrates 'one way'
the whole episode was awesome,it featured Dr. Nobel Price new invention

Please post your favorite !!! :smile:
Well, here are the other classics that were on #2282 besides Ernie and Bert's H Television, Grover Demonstrates One Way, and Ernie and Bert: Before & After (Eating Cookies From the Tin):

H-hair (hair grows on bald-head man)/Some live human calls the live baby the alphabet name/Cartoon man talks about the letter 'p'/Ernie & Bert & the Binoculars/I'm A Hard Workin' Dog/P-pyramid claymation/The School Game (Guy Smiley dresses up as a teacher)/Boy calls his pet dog Happy/Listen To the Wind Blowing by Olivia/Gordon's Voiceover Letter H/h/Neon letter H being raised to the top of the building/film: horseback mailman/kids running on blue screen/Big Bird and David play the animal game (late 70's street insert)/Typewriter Guy-H, hand/Frogs In the Glen/There's an identifying object toward us!-Circle/Two-Headed Monster & the Newspaper/Story of Twelveia/Circus Tamer#12/Splasho the Diver-Before & After

Plus, the rest of the episode featured The Count giving Maria 1,000 candles instead of 1,000 nails for the Fix-It-Shop! The sponsors were H, P, & 12.

ssetta

Reaction score
By the way, did you notice that at the very end of the final scene on #2282, for some reason, the very end of the closing theme was cut off for some reason?

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
prickle747 said:
How about you Boober ? Your favorite episode.
Hard to choose. I really like these non-Noggin episodes:

#2107, in which Oscar gets jealous that Bernie the piano tuner (a human) is getting more attention from Grungetta (this time played by Brian Meehl), so he begs Olivia to go on a date with Bernie - whom Olivia thinks is a grouch at first.
#2173, in which Luis reads "The Adventures of Captain Swashbuckle" to Big Bird. It's one of the episodes I remember seeing when it originally aired.
#2313, in which Forgetful Jones and Oscar remember things they did when they were little. There's top-notch performances by Richard Hunt, and even Kevin Clash playing the live-action role of grown-up Miles in Gordon and Susan's daydream of the future.

My favorite Unpaved? It's a tie between #796 and #1094. :smile:

Dantecat

Reaction score
That's cool! Do you know what muppet skits you get on these episodes Boober Gorg?

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Dantecat said:
That's cool! Do you know what muppet skits you get on these episodes Boober Gorg?
2107 has:
Bert and David (boy): faces - 1970
*Song: Admiral (Big) Bird - 1971
*The Count counts self-addressed letters - 1972
*News Flash: Don Music writes "Yellowstone Park" (SS theme) - 1978
E&B: Was Bert captured by Martians?? - 1980
Cookie Monster: which cookie shape tastes best? - 1981
*2-headed monster: PAT - 1984
*Super Grover: The new computer - 1984

2173 has:
E&B: The Count sleeps over (2-part sketch) - 1975
Game Show: The Addition Game - 1975
*Super Grover: Groceries - 1979
*Kermit demonstrates what round is, with the help of two talking balls - 1969
*2-headed monster: FALL - 1982
E&B: Was Bert captured by Martians?? - 1980

2313 has:
Game Show: The Addition Game - 1975
Song: Sing After Me (Grover and Madeline Kahn) - 1977
*News Flash: Alice In Wonderland - 1980
Monsterpiece Theater: Me, Claudius - 1981 (left unchanged, in a 1987 episode!)
Honker egg hatches - 1982
E&B: Cookie reminder - 1969

*not shown on Noggin, to my knowledge