Unpopular Shows you Love

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's where it is. Cable. The thing I don't have.

I fail to understand why regular TV stations refuse to rerun anything in the middle of the day instead of the conveyor belt Talk Shows and Judge programs. Are they that much cheaper than rerunning TV shows?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Um, KENAN AND KEL is popular... it was when it was first on, and it still is today, especially for nostalgia...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Kenan's pretty much the only one funny left on SNL.

Especially the Steve Harvey segments. I swear, the ONLY thing funny about last week's episode was the Steve Harvey parody.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Kenan's got chops, he could really have something of a stellar career for himself as a comedic actor if he was given the chance.

Kel's become more of a behind-the-camera person now, I know he's directed a number of music videos in the last few years, and he supposedly was working on a new animated series where he would be a superhero... who loves orange soda (apparently Kel loves orange soda IRL as well), but I don't know if anything came out of that. He also wrote and starred in an indie movie directed by Cedric the Entertainer, in which he played a small town dancer who finally made it to the big time, but learns that his uncle was killed, and goes all vigilante trying to hunt down the perp.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know what else show didn't get much love?

Funky Cops. And the 4Kids dub of it as well. It's rare that they actually had a dub that actually improved the show (essentially, this and arguably Ultimate Muscle... Toei already ruined that vs the manga), but if it wasn't the source of the most Getting Crap Past the Radarest jokes on kid's television. They did a joke about blow up dolls for crying out loud. On a kid's show. The same exact 4Kids that refuses to let characters die. Not to mention the "rhymes with Witch" joke. There are some officially uploaded episodes with a redub. it's still a good show, but it lacks the humorous punch of 4Kids's voice actors and writers (actually, this show did use the same dub writing team as Muscle). The new dub hardly bothers with celebrity impersonations (and this is a 70;'s pop culture heavy show). And what they did attempt just didn't sound the same.