Upcoming Sesame Street DVDs

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's been reported at The Muppet Newsflash that a number of new Sesame Street DVDs wil be coming soon. We already know about Dinosaurs and Elmo's World: Summer Vacation, and it had already been reported that Elmo's Christmas Countdown will be coming this fall/ winter. But the report mentions Abby in Wonderland, which Kevin Clash had previously mentioend on The MupetCast (and an Abby Cadabby DVD had already been announced on the newsflahs, though no title was given at first). And there will be a Wal-Mart exclusive DVD caled Love the Earth!

Somehow I have a feeling that the Love the Earth DVD wil be all-new footage. I hope that I am wrong about that, though. There are a lot of great environmental segments that can be included, either as part of the main program or as bonus features.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Elmo's Summer Vacation. Well.... I'd rather see Elmo Spring Break.

But i think that a DVD release, even a Walmart exclusive would be partially new footage (linking material) and older segments. Or, it could be an upcoming episode edited down to have more environmentally themed shorts. Hoping to see Willie Wimple on it, but I doubt we would.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have a feeling that if the enviromental DVD has any old segments that somethign that was in Sing-Along Earth Songs will be included (I'm thinking On My Pond). Hopefully if any Willie Wimple segments are included then it will be one that wasn't in Sing-Along Erath Songs (that video featured the water pollution segment).

My psychic side tells me that Bruno won't be included in that DVD, unless there are bonus sketches. The psychic in me also says that We Are All Earthlings and I Love Trash won't be included.

But there are plenty of environmentally-friendly segmnets that were not released in Sing-Along Erath Songs, or any region 1 video or DVD for that matter. There's the Garden Song and Garbage Mans Blues Song and the Two-Headed Monster reusing a juice carton and so on.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
"Abby in Wonderland" certainly sounds interesting.