USA Trip?

No1MuppetFan

Reaction score
Hey guys.

So my life long ambition of going to America is finally coming to fruition in Feb of next year:
*2 weeks in NYC, and
*5 days in LA

I would like all the U.S members to tell me what I must see and do to do with ANYTHING Muppets and Jim Henson? I'm obviously going to Muppet Vision 3D and walk of fame but are there any exhibits running in that time in those places?

THANKS PEOPLE!:smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well just want to give a plug to The Paley Center for Media (aka The Museum of Television & Radio), which is located in both NYC and LA, and has a lot of rare Muppets specials and TV appearances available for viewing.

No1MuppetFan

Reaction score
Thanks so much for your response. I have seen most of those specials though, heheheh. You don't happen to know about any of the puppets on display anywhere by chance?

Yorick

Reaction score
Congrats on the trip!:big_grin: That's great!

I don't know if they let folks come into the NBC studio area where the Muppets painted the pipes 46 years ago this month, but I know that'd be a cool place to go, if so! Hopefully someone here knows whether they'd let us fans in:confused:
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/NBC_Pipes

Luke

Reaction score
Congrats on the trip!:big_grin: That's great!

I don't know if they let folks come into the NBC studio area where the Muppets painted the pipes 46 years ago this month, but I know that'd be a cool place to go, if so! Hopefully someone here knows whether they'd let us fans in:confused:
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/NBC_Pipes
That is now on the NBC studio tour I believe

Obviously if in LA, definitely check out Chaplin Studios in La Brea .. Muppet movie been filming there, maybe the sign is even still up

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Thanks so much for your response. I have seen most of those specials though, heheheh.
There a lot of things that only The Paley Center has though, like a panel discussion the Muppeteers had at The Center years before (Frank Oz, Jerry Nelson, etc) just after Muppet Christmas Carol. :smile:

Also if you haven't seen Jim Henson's unsold pilot Puppetman, they have that too, hehe.

No1MuppetFan

Reaction score
Oh Thanks heaps guys! That's all really useful info. I shall look into all of this further and especially any puppet displays in these cities at those times :smile: