Vacation Fozzie

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Originally posted by grail
then they have to pay a whole new staff just to send the things out to people.
They hire the job out to a small mail distribution center who bids on the job as a contract for a flat fee, no hourly wages or new staff for Toyfare are involved.

grail

Reaction score
man i wish he weren't right...

he has this annoying habit of being so whenever he posts, though...so i'm gonna retract my earlier theory...especially since this fills in the blanks and draws all the arrows between the various rumors that i've heard but didn't want to believe.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Not trying to dis you, but I am not sure that is the way they do it anymore. They used to do it that way...but apparently I was under the impression in my conversations with a dude from Wizard that they were more home grown now...

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
You could be right. They may have changed back because of the problems. They used to be home grown, then it got too overwhelming for their staff to handle the distribution so they hired it out. That caused a whole other batch of problems with shipment quality control (a few hundred Boxing Homers were shown as shipped when they weren't). So they may have switched back, but as of early 2002 they were still hiring the job out. They may have decided that the hands on approach was better and switched back.

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
Not trying to dis you, but I am not sure that is the way they do it anymore. They used to do it that way...but apparently I was under the impression in my conversations with a dude from Wizard that they were more home grown now...
hey, isn't tomorrow a travel day for you? what are you still doing here? not that i'm complaining, but geez man, get SOME rest...

heh

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Yeah, I hope that you have a blast at the con Ken. Wish I was going. BZZZZZZZZZZZZZT!!!!!!

:big_grin:

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Travel..shmavel...I don't leave until 3pm...besides, I'll zonk on the plane.

grail

Reaction score
yuck, i can't sleep on planes...if it's moving, i'm awake. took a trip to Vegas once that almost killed me...

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
So I guess the duckies got finished in time for the Fozzie exclusives Ken? Are they in San Diego yet, or are they being shipped express as we type? How many did you guys end up producing for the convention, and how much will he be at the con?

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
The ducky made it.

They will start to arrive tomorrow. The rest of my hair is safe for now.

Not sure how many total we will make. Depends on demand at the show. But we should have enough to cover all four days.

We are also auctioning off at the show four preview sets of unnaproved factory sets of carded Series 2 samples. We get these things called PPS samples that we sign off on or don't (we didn't with these, many changes to be made) and we are taking them to the show to auction off. One set each day. These are the unrevised samples, that don't have all the fixes on em quite yet...usually painted first shots, in the blister layouts for review and on the cards. Some people are into that stuff.