Vacation Pepes review

Michael Crawford

Reaction score
Man, what a week. While I was supposed to be lounging around, doing squat, and tinkering about the house, I ended up working harder than usual.

As you might have noticed, I didn't do a Thursday/Friday review last week. No, I wasn't taking the day off for a holiday - my computer died in a glorius blaze last Tuesday night. Okay, so it wasn't all that glorius, and there wasn't any blazing going on, but it died nonetheless. I spent three days trying everything to get it working again, swapping out memory, video cards and hard drives, to finally give up. With what looked like a serioius mother board issue, I just bought a new tower late Friday. By Saturday I was starting to get caught back up again, and by tonight I was ready for my new review. *whew*

My review today covers both versions of the Vacation Pepe, Toyfare and Musicland. I love the character and the accessories, but these two had the worst paint jobs I've ever seen from Palisades.

Check it out at the usual:

http://www.mwctoys.com

Oh, and the voting for the People's Choice Awards is now over - I should have my picks up by the end of this week (with the names of the prize pack winners), and the full results compiled by the following week. Thanks for voting!

Michael
MWC

Telekinesis

Reaction score
Nice review. Yeah, I was waiting for the post last week but it never came, I really enjoy your site. I didn't really notice any paint problems with my Pepe though. I guess it's a hit or miss sometimes with this category, I'll have to check it closer just to make sure.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Great review! as usual :halo: From your review, I noticed that the Vacation Pepe has a better head sculpt than the original one (I just don't like those eyes very much on the first one!) Oh, btw, I'm sorry to hear about what happened to your computer! :sympathy: